My Copy of Wheelock arrived today.

Are you learning Latin with Wheelock's Latin 6th Edition? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
Scribo
Global Moderator

My Copy of Wheelock arrived today.

Post by Scribo »

I'm so happy :) I loved Do'oge et all, and enjoy Latinum + Adler's but I find learning from a comp difficult.

LatinGirly
Textkit Neophyte

Post by LatinGirly »

Cool! I really like Wheelock, It is quite challenging, but you learn so much in so quickly, (chapter-wise)it feels like. I hope everything goes well for you, My number one hint is don't try to get by without memorising right away, it makes it way easier to memorize everything from each chapter as you go along.

Well anyways peace out !

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

I like it, I love it infact. :lol:

Eurysilas
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Eurysilas »

Cool! Don't forget to download the audio pronunciation help at the Wheelock's website. I found it invaluable.

dbigdawg
Textkit Neophyte

Congrats!

Post by dbigdawg »

I would suggest that you combine the two books to get the best experience possible studying Latin.

brent
Textkit Neophyte

Post by brent »

I prefer Wheelock as well if only because once one has completed the text, it becomes a valuable reference.

Cydna
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Cydna »

Eurysilas wrote:Cool! Don't forget to download the audio pronunciation help at the Wheelock's website. I found it invaluable.
Thank you so much for mentioning the pronunciation on the Wheelock site. This is a great gift.

January
Textkit Neophyte

Post by January »

LatinGirly wrote:Cool! I really like Wheelock, It is quite challenging, but you learn so much in so quickly, (chapter-wise)it feels like. I hope everything goes well for you, My number one hint is don't try to get by without memorising right away, it makes it way easier to memorize everything from each chapter as you go along.

Well anyways peace out !
I agree. The consequences of not memorizing are harsh.