Hello all

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Koehnsen
Textkit Neophyte

Hello all

Post by Koehnsen »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am starting classes (part-time) in September at NYU toward a certificate in Classical Languages. I'll be taking accelerated Greek and intensive Latin.

I've studied some Latin and Greek in the past and am confident that I will do well and complete my classes in a satisfactory manner.

Have a great night!

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Salve!
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Essorant
Textkit Fan

Post by Essorant »

Welcome to the forum.

I wish you well with your classes.

cdm2003
Textkit Fan

Post by cdm2003 »

Hello and welcome...

By the way, why is the Greek class "accelerated" and the Latin class "intensive?" I suppose it's ultimately the difference between Swift-footed Achilles and a brooding Cicero. :wink:

Chris
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae

Koehnsen
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Koehnsen »

Thanks for the welcome, Lucus, Essorant, and Chris.

To answer your question, Chris, (good one with Achilles and Cicero!) the accelerated Greek description says:

"If you are a beginner willing to work intensively, have previously studied Ancient Greek and want to review the basics, or have a strong knowledge of another inflected language, this course allows you to start from the beginning and learn the language at an accelerated pace."

The description of intensive courses en général:

"Twelve meetings of three hours each provide thorough and systematic instruction in the basics of a foreign language, with time for extensive practice. Attention is devoted to the development of correct linguistic habits with an emphasis on the ability to communicate effectively. These courses are particularly recommended in the study of more difficult languages."

My guess is that they will both be a bit tough, but I plan to devote a ton of time to it.

The certificate program: http://preview.tinyurl.com/68f652

Bon weekend! Thank you again for the warm welcome.