Vote on the next Greek book to be posted

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Vote on the next Greek book to be posted

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Let me know what will help you out by voting in this poll.
Textkit Founder

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Re:Vote on the next Greek book to be posted

Post by mingshey »

I would have voted Iliad. But considering that my progress is not that far, I thought Plato would suffice for me in the near future.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Probably the new grammar...I think it will take many hours of studies in grammars before I'll be able to read Greek.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Well Lysias would help me if you could manage to post it in the next week ;). In exactly two weeks time I've got a really important 4 hour exam in Greek and I suspect it'll be something by Lysias... hmm... I should be practising now... why am I posting in this forum instead of revising? :P

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

I also voted for Lysias. I'm reading [size=150](υπὲρ τοῦ )ερατοσθένους φόνου ἀπολογίαat the moment, and I would like to read more. He has a reputation for a plain style, and I don't think I'm quite ready for anything fancier yet.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Oh yes, I remember that one :(, it came up in an exam last year (I failed that exam).<br />I'm not entirely sure, yet, what it will be. Either Lysias or Lukian (both totally different), as I'm quite sure my teacher will choose an author we're familiar with, but not Plato, as the philosophy would be too difficult. He'll also question us a bit on Homer for sure, though he's already told us we wont have to translate anything by Homer.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

ACK! I voted for Iliad when I meant to vote for Plato! :(<br /><br />I mean, not that I have anything against the Iliad (except Achilles ;D) - but I've just discovered Plato, inspired by that lovely article on his death posted by Hamilton in The Academy, and I want to read more more MORE!