Forcellini's Totius Latinitatis Lexicon

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
vir litterarum
Textkit Zealot

Forcellini's Totius Latinitatis Lexicon

Post by vir litterarum »

Does anyone know if this can be found on the public domain anywhere online?

Essorant
Textkit Fan

Post by Essorant »

Here is an edition at Google Book Search.<pre></pre>

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

Unfortunately, Google messes things up: the file is Smith's Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. Perhaps we should search on that book to find Forcellini?

Ingrid

vir litterarum
Textkit Zealot

Post by vir litterarum »

I noticed the same thing. I tried searching for Forcellini under the title of Smith's volume to no avail. Since it seems that Google Books should have it, I thought it might be somewhere else in the public domain.

Essorant
Textkit Fan

Post by Essorant »

You could send an e-mail to Google about the incorrect file. Since they have the title listed, me thinks they probably have the correct file somewhere, and may fix the mistake if you let them know about it.

Deses
Textkit Fan

Post by Deses »

Essorant wrote:You could send an e-mail to Google about the incorrect file. Since they have the title listed, me thinks they probably have the correct file somewhere, and may fix the mistake if you let them know about it.
I took a unique line from the cover of one of Forcellini's volumes and searched Google Books using that line:

"IOSEPHO FURLANETTO"

This gave me what I believe to be correct entries to a couple of volumes, but they are reprints and the little snippet underneath the title says "No preview available".
<a href="http://www.inrebus.com"> In Rebus: Latin quotes and phrases; Latin mottos; Windows interface for Latin Words </a>

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

I might be wrong, but it seems that Google doesn't scan books when there are reprints. According to this document, it was reprinted in 1965.

http://www.liceoquadri.it/bacheca%20ele ... ellini.doc