Colours

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Colours

Post by Elucubrator »

Do people with interests in ancient Languages end up having the same colour preferences?<br /><br /><br />hmmmmm, let's find out.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Re:Colours

Post by Raya »

No salmon... no violet... no ochre... no indigo... no vermillion... no colour-somewhere-between-blue-and-green-which-the-sky-assumes-around-twilight...<br /><br />How am I supposed to vote!?! :P

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Well, I'd like to vote for something along the lines of violet, magenta, purple, fuchsia ... but they're not an option. So I guess I'll go for blue, since I also happen to like many shades of blue.<br /><br />

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Green forever! How come I don't remember this poll? ???
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

phil
Textkit Fan

Post by phil »

What other colour could a kiwi vote for, except the colour of its soon-to-be-world-champions fantastic All Black rugby team.<br />Go Black! Go Black! Go Black!

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

You have no excuse since it was posted not too long before your time... :P

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I guess I'll pick green...but I like Raya's colors best!! ;D

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Well, I don't think this is proving to be very conclusive. It's just showing the same colors that everybody seems to like, be they Classicists or jellyfish ranchers o_O
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Jellyfish ranchers? Cool! 8) Where can I sign up? ;)

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

I don't like jellyfishes, they hurt. :-\ or should that be jellyfishi? :D

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

The color of the brown bag I like to use as protection wraps for my books. It lasts not very long if you carry the book quite often. But it doesn't fatigue my eyes. And the paper absorbs the sweat and oil from my hand so it's pleasing to hold the book.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

The first thing I do when I get a new book is take the book cover off. I just don't see what the point of preserving something is if you can never see it :-/ Especially when the real covers usually look and feel a lot better.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

The covers are usually coated with plastic, which gathers sweat. I don't care how the cover looks, but how it feels. The paper wrap is for the protection of my hands, really, not the book covers. For the book covers I sometimes use transparent plastic sheets, which lasts longer, and yet wrap it with paper for carrying. 8)<br />My books need protection anyway. I throw it, stuff it between odd things in the bag, use it as a bookmark for another book, or a handy heat insulator for hot pots, and do every odd things to my books.