Fight for Greece! Join erepublik!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Fight for Greece! Join erepublik!

Post by Godot »

Hey there guys, I'm playing an online game right now and I would like for you all to join the nation of Greece and help it grow as a nation and battle the Turks when the time comes. It's a pretty simple game, you don't have to spend more than 12 minutes a day on it and it grows on you if you read and write for newspapers. Perhaps you could practice your Ancient Greek there or try and make a newspaper detailing how to learn Ancient Greek, it's up to you.

This is the website:
www.erepublik.com

If you want to join up, you'll have to send me your email in a PM. Once in Greece, join a business like Weapons or Housing and join the Nationalist Party. This is the party that will get the job done in erepublik.

You'll also notice you have some gold available when you start. Save it, we'll ask for it later to help erase the Greek debt created by The Family and fund the wars.

The more people you guys can get, the sooner we'll be to restoring Greece's legacy.

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Join a Greek nationalistic party, virtual or other. In my nightmares perhaps. Fight against the Turks? I do believe Greeks and Turks have fought quite a few times in the past; do we need more practice or change history in any way? I at least am proud I am (a modern) Greek with all our history and culture included. Practice the ancient Greek equivalents of either ""Pwned" or "Του?καλάδες" (a dismissive term for Turks). When my IQ plummets to zero.

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

They're Pinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain

Lighten up, it's just a fun browser game.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Godot wrote:They're Pinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain
I am sure there is some meaning in this but I don't know what it is. :D
Godot wrote:
Lighten up, it's just a fun browser game.
In defence of Irene; my first reaction was: "yeah right, I am going to spend 12 minutes per day playing an online game."

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

Bert wrote:
Godot wrote:They're Pinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain
It's Irene's avatar, which shows Pinky and The Brain, and Godot is just doing the theme song. The Brain always wanted to take over the world, so the reference is even relevant to the topic at hand. It was nothing offensive.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ireclan »

In defense of Godot, I thought this looked pretty cool. But there's a LOOOONG waiting list, so...

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Nah I just think he just saw it and the title song came to mind and he just had to mention it. Not in an offencive way obviously (he probably liked the series as much as I did).

Now as to it just being a game I disagree completely, and all I said stand. There wouldn't be a problem if you asked us to join the erupublic and play for Greece. Adding all those details means something and this something can't be dismissed because we are talking about "just a game".

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

Ireclan wrote:In defense of Godot, I thought this looked pretty cool. But there's a LOOOONG waiting list, so...
To skip the waiting list you need an invite. People who applied February are just now getting accounts.
edonnelly wrote:
Bert wrote:
It's Irene's avatar, which shows Pinky and The Brain, and Godot is just doing the theme song. The Brain always wanted to take over the world, so the reference is even relevant to the topic at hand. It was nothing offensive.
Yep
IreneY wrote:Nah I just think he just saw it and the title song came to mind and he just had to mention it. Not in an offencive way obviously (he probably liked the series as much as I did).

Now as to it just being a game I disagree completely, and all I said stand. There wouldn't be a problem if you asked us to join the erupublic and play for Greece. Adding all those details means something and this something can't be dismissed because we are talking about "just a game".
Yep, it was a nifty show. I detailed erepublik because everyone I show it to always asks what kind of game it is, and because there is nothing else like it, I tried to explain it without sounding too much like an advertisement or spammer. Also, we will probably change the name of the Nationalist Party because of it's negative connotations with Nazism, so we may go with Alexandrian or Byzantium Party.

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

And not just Hitler. So why do we have to fight the Turks in particular? Why can't we brandish our swords in an all out attack against the Romans, the Chinese, the Americans, the Canadians, the Mexicans and most of all those vile French (they can pronounce that accursed "r" sound; we have to hate them 'cause I can't).
Seriously, nationalistic party + let's get them Turks = suspicious.

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

IreneY wrote:And not just Hitler. So why do we have to fight the Turks in particular? Why can't we brandish our swords in an all out attack against the Romans, the Chinese, the Americans, the Canadians, the Mexicans and most of all those vile French (they can pronounce that accursed "r" sound; we have to hate them 'cause I can't).
Seriously, nationalistic party + let's get them Turks = suspicious.
Romans= Dead for around a thousand years.

Chinese = Conquered

Americans = Too far away to attack

Canadians = Too far away to attack

Mexicans= Too far away to attack

France- Too far away to attack

Our options are attacking Bulgaria (our close ally), Italy (a major military power), or Turkey (an imperialistic nation that has conquered Israel and aims to conquer us eventually).

Take your pick.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Godot wrote:Canadians = Too far away to attack
Too nice to attack

Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ireclan »

Godot wrote:To skip the waiting list you need an invite.
Well, if I send you my email in a PM, will you invite? And do I have to stay with the country I initially join (I might change my mind in the future. One never knows, after all...)?

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

:oops: :oops: I overeacted then. My apologies. Do change the name of the Nationalistic Party though, it'll be for the best I am sure

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

Ireclan wrote:
Godot wrote:To skip the waiting list you need an invite.
Well, if I send you my email in a PM, will you invite? And do I have to stay with the country I initially join (I might change my mind in the future. One never knows, after all...)?
You'd need to buy a moving ticket in order to move from one nation to another.

Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ireclan »

OK, but if I send you my e-mail, will I get an invite?

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

Bert wrote:
Godot wrote:Canadians = Too far away to attack
Too nice to attack
I'm not too sure about that in this game... anyways, why not join up with Canada and rally some Canadians? This game would be more interesting if you could somehow post this on a social network for Canadians.
Ireclan wrote:OK, but if I send you my e-mail, will I get an invite?
I used up all of my invites, so I would have to pass it on to a pal of mine. I'm sure you'll have an invite no later than Monday. Check your spam mail for it, as it tends to end up there I hear.

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

Alright, you should have gotten it.

Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ireclan »

Yes, I did. Thank you, Godot. And tell your friend I said thanks, too.

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

The parties in Greece are merging, Ireclan. Join the Untied Greece party to combat political takeovers from the dastardly Swedes.

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Godot wrote:The parties in Greece are merging.
:shock: Since I cannot see you engaging in a civil war after or during the fight with those foreign powers I have to say this is an unprecedented thing for well, anything Greek! Congratulations on your un-common sense :)

(For those not too familiar with Greek history: Greeks are famous for uniting to fight against attacking foreign forces. And notorious for having a civil war just after (although in WWI we narrowly escaped one started before and because of that war and during the Greek Revolution we outdid ourselves by having one -with changing alliances between the Greeks- while fighting against the Ottoman Empire) :D

guardcorp
Textkit Neophyte

^ ^

Post by guardcorp »

Hello, I am a big fan of games which have to do with economy, i love all

the civ games play them nonstop and i also like global power and among

others... i saw this and i freaked i want to join really bad lol. anyhow i wanted

to join serbia because im serbian but since i have to wait a long time, i

suppose i could join my gricki bro's. Supposing anyone could send me a

invite? i PM'ed godot but incase he filled out all his invitations anyone else

willing to throw a dog a bone? Guardcorporation@hotmail.com

:) thank you.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

Oohkay.

The game has its own forum. Please use that.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;