Textkit Logo

Latin (or Greek) Notebooks/Journals

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

Latin (or Greek) Notebooks/Journals

Postby Rufus Gulielmus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:44 am

Salvete, amici!

Just recently, I've decided to keep a "journal" documenting the little things about Latin (and Greek) that always trip me up. These things might include tricky bits of grammar or words that I tend to mix up. One of my entries, for example, explains the differences between ab, de, and ex.

I bought a Moleskine (only the best!) for this endeavor, because it's easy to carry around with me and fits nicely into my back pocket.

Anyway, I'm really pumped about this and I was wondering if any of you do anything similar or have any suggestions.

Valete!
Rufus
Rufus Gulielmus
Textkit Neophyte

Postby MiguelM » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:50 pm

I had a minuscule mini small notebook I used to keep stuff like that for Ancient Greek, but eventually stopped. I used it as both a personal dictionary and a handbook for grammar (like you suggest), but soon the dictionary overflowed and I stopped using it altogether.
MiguelM
Textkit Fan

Postby Rufus Gulielmus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Salve, MiguelM!

Yeah, I've had that fear about overflowing it with new words. My plan is to stick to including words that really get my goat.

Vale,
Rufus
Rufus Gulielmus
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Latin