Latin (or Greek) Notebooks/Journals

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Rufus Gulielmus
Textkit Neophyte

Latin (or Greek) Notebooks/Journals

Post by Rufus Gulielmus »

Salvete, amici!

Just recently, I've decided to keep a "journal" documenting the little things about Latin (and Greek) that always trip me up. These things might include tricky bits of grammar or words that I tend to mix up. One of my entries, for example, explains the differences between ab, de, and ex.

I bought a Moleskine (only the best!) for this endeavor, because it's easy to carry around with me and fits nicely into my back pocket.

Anyway, I'm really pumped about this and I was wondering if any of you do anything similar or have any suggestions.

Valete!
Rufus

anphph
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by anphph »

I had a minuscule mini small notebook I used to keep stuff like that for Ancient Greek, but eventually stopped. I used it as both a personal dictionary and a handbook for grammar (like you suggest), but soon the dictionary overflowed and I stopped using it altogether.

Rufus Gulielmus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Rufus Gulielmus »

Salve, MiguelM!

Yeah, I've had that fear about overflowing it with new words. My plan is to stick to including words that really get my goat.

Vale,
Rufus