Yo

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Yo

Post by Godot »

Pleasure to meet everyone here. I'm a high school Junior lost on the road of life with an interest in learning the Latin language and speaking it with fellow Latin enthusiasts. I first fell in love with the language not too long ago, and I recently picked up a copy of Teach Yourself Latin by Gavin Betts.

My interests lie in History. I love pretty much all history, but I have a fond spot in history for classical history. I have recently come to learn of the exploits of the Romans via research into the Latin language, and have come to desire learning of their history as well. I find the Greeks and the Byzantines to be interesting civilizations as well.

Aside from history, I enjoy Philosophy, Linguistics, and Law. These interests I can't really pursue in my High School, so I teach myself about these subjects on the side. I don't find science, math, and most aspects of computers to be exciting at all, and in fact dread math, so I am a bit of an odd ball at school.

So, at the moment I am almost knowledgeable of the language to be considered a beginner, but eventually I hope to be able to communicate in Latin with my fellow enthusiasts.

anphph
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by anphph »

I'm waiting... :?

In any case, I quite identify with you. Until last year, I was in a practically identical situation, except in what concerns Law. I quite abhorr Law, although that may be because everyone tried to pressure me to take it up in university (unsuccessfully). Looking forward to having you around.

Do you like Poetry too? You'd have the whole set. 8)

Godot
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Godot »

Thanks for the welcome Miguel. I take it the forum itself isn't too active at times?

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Godot wrote:Thanks for the welcome Miguel. I take it the forum itself isn't too active at times?
Oh, it comes in spurts. Anyway, welcome.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Welcome, Godot!