A reading course in Homeric Greek book 1

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
cuthalion04
Textkit Neophyte

A reading course in Homeric Greek book 1

Post by cuthalion04 »

Hello all,

I just bought this book (revised version, the third edition) on Amazon.com and while flipping through it, noticed that it skips from lesson 55 to lesson 75. It is missing a little under 50 pages, and they are not torn out, its as if they were never printed to begin with.

Anybody who has this book, please check and make sure you have these pages. If so, if you would kindly respond to this and let me know that its just my copy. Amazon is sending me another one and I would hate for it to have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated

anphph
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by anphph »

It is just your copy; at least mine isn't flawed like that. I hope the one they send you is in good condition.

cuthalion04
Textkit Neophyte

Post by cuthalion04 »

ok good...The thing is, the one they sent me is brand new, i dont know what happened...

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

cuthalion04 wrote:ok good...The thing is, the one they sent me is brand new, i dont know what happened...
Machines, like people, are not perfect. I have had it with a book before.

Essorant
Textkit Fan

Post by Essorant »

My edition had no problems. Good thing you noticed it right away.

I enjoyed A Reading Course in Homeric Greek. The chapters are very short and to the point , but they cover the most important aspects of grammar very well. Good luck with your studies.<pre></pre>

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Same thing happened to me couple of years ago. I had bought "The Stranger in a Strange Place" nearly a dozen years ago and had put it off during the whole ten years. When I finally grabbed and read it through I found that is had a few dozen pages missing and had duplicate pages in the place. It was too late for a request for replacement.