Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Introduction

Post by Bert »

Hi, my name is Bert de Haan. I am learning Biblical Greek without the benefit of having a teacher. I received the advice to learn Classical Greek to improve my understanding of Biblical Greek. That is why I subscribed.<br />In addition to being a wannabe Greek, I am also a carpenter, a husband and a father of 4 children.<br />I live in Arthur, Ontario (Canada)<br />I hope to be able to benefit from listening in and picking the brains of the experts.<br /><br />Bert.

Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Re:Introduction

Post by Elucubrator »

Hi Bert and welcome to the Forum. There are some new biblical Greek books that are coming up for download soon. And the next Greek newsletter will have a biblical Greek focus. <br /><br />Canadian, eh? ;)<br /><br />Sebastian

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

I'll be looking for the newsletter.<br />Yea, Canadian. But a Wooden head by birth,ie; Dutch.(Wooden head, wooden shoes, wouldn't listen :D)<br />Bert.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Hi Bert, and welcome to Textikit!<br /><br />I'm also studying Greek, though I'm more for classical literature than biblical. Elucubrator and William Annis are probably your 'resident experts' on things Greek... which is not to say there aren't others, but they are the ones who spring to mind.<br /><br />Oh, and beware of me in The Academy. ;D<br /><br />A carpenter, hey? I've dabbled in working wood and metal - I'm an artist - but sadly I'm restricted to what I can carry out in my room (the joys of living with parents...) I'd just love to put in my own workshop/studio here...<br /><br />Anyway, I hope I'll be seeing you around!<br />~(* Raya