Where can I get this book?

Are you learning Latin with Latin: An Intensive Course by Moreland and Fleischer? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
yuntao
Textkit Neophyte

Where can I get this book?

Post by yuntao »

Dear All:
Who can tell me where I can get this book? I always read what you have said ,such as the excerpts and answers .BUt where is the original text ?can I download from somewhere? If you know through which way I can get it ,Please tell me .Thank you verymuch!

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

It's not a public domain text -- the only way to get it is to buy it, either new, such as from Amazon:

Latin: An Intensive Course (Paperback)

or used, such as from alibris or abebooks:

Latin: An Intensive Course

Latin: An Intensive Course

or, of course, your local book store.

If you are looking for a free, downloadable Latin text, you might consider D'Ooge's, which available from textkit:

Latin for Beginners

as well as in a transcribed format (txt and html) from Project Gutenberg:

Latin for Beginners

The nice thing about D'Ooge is that it also has a forum here at textkit, as well as an answer key:

Latin for Beginners Key

Two other free texts you might want to consider because of their growing popularity around here are Adler's Practical Grammar and Via Nova:

Discussion of Adler's

Discussion of Via Nova
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

yuntao
Textkit Neophyte

Thank you very much!

Post by yuntao »

Dear:
Thank you very much! I have those free books that you mentioned . The "Latin for Beginner " was mastered by me .What I am concerned is that to further my study and master the Latin, I should get a reading ,which contains a lot of original materials as well as analysis of its grammer, new words ,textual structure and translation . If some exersises and answers are included ,that is better . I don't know whether some of you have such concerned information. If you do ,Please tell me .Thank you for your kind and patience!

edonnelly
Administrator

Re: Thank you very much!

Post by edonnelly »

yuntao wrote:If some exersises and answers are included ,that is better .
On my list of books available from Google Books and elsewhere, I have separated out those books which also have answer keys, since they are less common but potentially so much more useful. If you've mastered D'Ooge you might want to think about tackling some composition -- in any case, you can see the list of those that I have found and decide if any of them may be suitable for your level (some are readers, some composition and some a mix of the two):

Latin Books With Answer Keys
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

yuntao
Textkit Neophyte

Post by yuntao »

Dear:
Thank you very much! I have a good lesson from you!

oliveryty
Textkit Neophyte

Post by oliveryty »

gratias!!