Calling everyone using First Greek Book!

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
MDS
Textkit Fan

Calling everyone using First Greek Book!

Post by MDS »

Hello!

As you may have noticed when you began your First Greek Book studies here at Textkit, the available answer key only goes up to exercise 71 and does not include any of the English to Greek exercises. While I appreciate this resource I feel that if the answer key was completed in its entirely (and who doesn't love using unicode?) then the result would benefit everyone!

Thus...
I am going to compile my own answers and those from previous forum posts into a draft answer key. I'm looking for anyone working through JWW interested in editing and correcting the draft as it goes along. Some of you probably have typed exercises but any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to have the draft answer key completed by the beginning of September.

Interested?!? Send me a PM or reply to this thread and we'll get started!

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Re: Calling everyone using First Greek Book!

Post by jaihare »

I have up to section 74 done so far with Greek and English. Are you still looking for contributors? I'm wanting to work through the book, though I've never studied Attic before. I have studied Koine, but this is a bit different. :)

Jason

rustymason
Textkit Fan

Los

Post by rustymason »

I'm interested in helping but can only lend part-time help, and that slowly. I've started compiling answers and a running vocabulary here:

http://www.rustymason.com/edu/lang/gree ... k_key.html

I haven't been updating it very regularly lately but I hope to get started again soon. My daughter will be starting this book within the year and I'd like to be able to help her with the exercises.

I draw heavily from this forum and from this collection of answers:
http://www.geocities.com/firstgreekbook/collations.html

quickly
Textkit Neophyte

Post by quickly »

Yes, I find rustymason's compilation of answers and vocabulary an extremely useful resource. Bravo!