Ricardus

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Ricardus
Textkit Neophyte

Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Hello all,<br /><br /> I'm new to this forum. just a quick hello of introduction, I live in Dayton Oh. Hope allare well.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Ricardus

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Ricardus! I hope you enjoy yourself here! <br /><br />What are you studying, Greek or Latin? Or both? Whichever one, you'll find plenty of resources and lots of helpful, friendly people here. (Just don't get Episcopus started on D'Ooge! ;))<br /><br />Keesa

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

Hello! <br />Welcome to Textkit! I hope you enjoy yourself, and learn as much as I have. :)<br />

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Ricardus:<br /><br />I live up the road from you in Cleveland. Welcome to Textkit!<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Ricardus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ricardus »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=617;start=0#5715 date=1063236218]<br />Welcome, Ricardus! I hope you enjoy yourself here! <br /><br />What are you studying, Greek or Latin? Or both? Whichever one, you'll find plenty of resources and lots of helpful, friendly people here. (Just don't get Episcopus started on D'Ooge! ;))<br /><br />Keesa<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Salve,<br />I am here to study Latin. I am currently going thru Wheelock's 5th edition and I am paralleling Latin via Ovid, sort of two birds in one stone.<br /><br />vale,<br /> Ricardus<br /><br />

Ricardus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ricardus »

Salve,<br /><br /> Yes we are close indeed, considering it's the world wide web. Nice to know someone is close. Have a great day!<br /><br />Vale,<br /> Ricardus

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=Ricardus link=board=6;threadid=617;start=0#5776 date=1063282644]<br /> I am currently going thru Wheelock's 5th edition and I am paralleling Latin via Ovid, sort of two birds in one stone.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I believe that quite a few learners here are using Wheelock's; you're in good company! :)<br /><br />

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Hey Ricardus, welcome to Textkit. Be sure to download several begineer latin grammars (I recommend D'Ooge or Bennetts). And make sure you ask questions as they arise, everyone here is very helpful!

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Welcome :)

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

hey, welcome here!<br /><br />where are you at in wheelock? there are a couple of us on about lesson 16 and we help each other out, so feel free to let us know if you need any help (or if you're further than us we might request *your* help ;)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Ricardus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ricardus »

Salve,<br /><br /> I am currently on Chapter 5. in Wheelock. I spend much of my day off and on this computer conjugating verbs and etc....<br />unlike many i have no magistra or magister but I do wish I had one (superba est periculosa; Experientia docet). LOL. I'm just at a time in my life where I have much time to devote to study. For me this isn't a race to absorb the material as fast as I can, bur rather, a marathon of comprehension. A large task indeed. So I take my time and allow it to absorb before I go on to another chapter. Thank you for the offer to help. I am sure I will need it along the way. <br /><br /> Vale,<br /> Ricardus

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Reading Ovid at Chapter 5? That's impressive ;O
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

there are *lots* of us here who are learning by ourselves, without teachers, so you are in good company :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Ptahhotep
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ptahhotep »

Hi Ricardus, welcome to Textkit. I'm new here as well and studying Greek. There are a lot of firendly people on Textkit and you can talk just about anything. :) Am I correct in assuming that Ricardus is Richard in Latin? That's my first name too ;)

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Welcome to Textkit! <br /><br />What exactly are you reading by Ovid? I've read the Ars Amatoria and some bits of the Metamorphosis, and right now we're translating some of his love poems at school (Amores).

Ricardus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ricardus »

Salve,<br />I am not reading Ovid. I am using "Latin via Ovid" a textbook. It has 22 voice CD's sold separatly. It also has interim readings thruout the text to help the reader gain confidence. If pronunciation is a problem for anyone, it certainly helps with that. It uses the Metamorphosis as it's sourse for the readings. "Latin via Ovid" by Norma Goldman & Jacob E. Nyenhuis. Type that phrase into your web browser notice it also comes with a workbook.<br /><br />Vale<br /> Ricardus<br />

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Ahh... now I understand! :)