The Labyrinth Latin Bookcase

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

The Labyrinth Latin Bookcase

Post by bingley »

Directory of links to mainly (but not exclusively) Medieval Latin texts.<br /><br />http://www.georgetown.edu/labyrinth/lib ... n-lib.html

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:The Labyrinth Latin Bookcase

Post by Keesa »

I especially like the link to the information on Gregorian chants... :D

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

everything I click on is coming back not found... I think the site needs to be updated ;)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Have you tried the Internet Archive?<br /><br />http://www.archive.org/<br /><br />About a quarter of the way down the page, you'll see a box marked THE WAYBACK MACHINE.<br /><br />Paste the url you're looking for into the box and press where it says Take Me Back. If it was on the internet when they did one of their scans and was not password protected, all is not lost. You'll then, if you're in luck, see a list of dates when they caught the page you want. Just click on one of the dates to see it.<br /><br />Useful, but also scary in some ways, huh? All those occasions when you made an idiot of yourself preserved for posterity.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

O di immortales! Thank you endlessly, Bingley! That has enabled me to do something which I have long wished to be able to do and given me much nostalgic rejoice!
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

8) Always glad to be of service. ;D

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

[quote author=bingley link=board=16;threadid=576;start=0#5759 date=1063261728]<br />Have you tried the Internet Archive?<br /><br />http://www.archive.org/<br /><br />About a quarter of the way down the page, you'll see a box marked THE WAYBACK MACHINE.<br /><br />Paste the url you're looking for into the box and press where it says Take Me Back. If it was on the internet when they did one of their scans and was not password protected, all is not lost. You'll then, if you're in luck, see a list of dates when they caught the page you want. Just click on one of the dates to see it.<br /><br />Useful, but also scary in some ways, huh? All those occasions when you made an idiot of yourself preserved for posterity.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />yes, the way back machine and i go way back. :) i use it for work purposes on occasion (and have a love-hate-relationship with the results of looking at my old work... ). but i find it too cumbersome to sit there and feed in all of those links just to browse...
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus