willing to learn latin!

Are you learning Latin with D'Ooge's Beginners Latin Book? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback and comments from others.
Der Hüter
Textkit Neophyte

willing to learn latin!

Post by Der Hüter »

Hello to everyone. I have a great time learning languages and have decided to try Latin. I downloaded the D'Ooge method and printed out the first 25 lessons or so; right now I'm on lesson 15 (in three days! I have plenty of time now and want to take advantage of it while it lasts) and so far I find it a very bright, efficient method, at least the best I've been able to find.

It's a hard language but however I love its conciseness, the way it's so rich in shades of meaning and it's able to express such complex thoughts with so few words when compared to most modern languages such as English or Spanish (my mother tounge). I think that's the only positive aspect of declension... :o

Thanks for reading and have fun learning linguam latinam!

viking84
Textkit Neophyte

Post by viking84 »

Hi,

I'm also learning Latin out of the book by D'Ooge. Indeed, it's a very bright method and I don't really care that it's difficult to learn Latin. There's some internal logic in it :).