Could anyone translate this for me?

This board is a composition workshop, like a writers' workshop: post your work with questions about style or vocabulary, comment on other people's work, post composition challenges on some topic or form, or just dazzle us with your inventive use of galliambics.
Derek Filiorum
Textkit Neophyte

Could anyone translate this for me?

Post by Derek Filiorum »

As my Latin isn't good enough to translate from Dutch to Latin, I'd like to ask you to translate something for me. It may sound a bit strange :)

'We would like to thank both our teachers (female) Latin, for helping us with our paper. Mrs. Haan, thank you for bringing the books that were very useful. Mrs. Landa, thank you for reminding us of the deadline and stimulating us to get to work.'

Thanks!

Derek Filiorum

Chris Weimer
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Could anyone translate this for me?

Post by Chris Weimer »

Derek Filiorum wrote:'We would like to thank both our teachers (female) Latin, for helping us with our paper . Mrs. Haan, thank you for bringing the books that were very useful. Mrs. Landa, thank you for reminding us of the deadline and stimulating us to get to work.'
Grates multas ambabus magistrae Latinae ad nos iuvandos tractatibus nostris (singular: tractatu nostro) agimus, Magistrae Haan, grates tibi ad ferrenduos libros utilissimos, atque Magistrae Landa, grates tibi ad nos monendos termini et cogendos laborare.

Derek Filiorum
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Derek Filiorum »

Thank you very much. :D