Migne's Patrologiae Cursus Completus - Latin & Greek

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
rustymason
Textkit Fan

Migne's Patrologiae Cursus Completus - Latin & Greek

Post by rustymason »

Ok, you asked for it.

I would like to see you scan and post Migne's Patrologiae Cursus Completus, both Latin & Greek. I cannot find them in any libraries close to me. Shouldn't take too long, there's only about 382 volumes. :shock: Ok, how about just volume 1 of the Latin to start?

Thanks,
Rusticus
Sugar Land, Texas

Deses
Textkit Fan

Post by Deses »

It has been already done. Any decent college library has access at least to the Latin series.
<a href="http://www.inrebus.com"> In Rebus: Latin quotes and phrases; Latin mottos; Windows interface for Latin Words </a>

rustymason
Textkit Fan

If a book is unreachable, does it exist?

Post by rustymason »

But I cannot get to them. The closest university that has them is an hour and a half away, and they only have them on microfiche, not in hard copy or computer image form (PDF, TIFF, etc.). If I can't get them, then they don't really exist.

About how long does it take to scan in a book, anyway?

Deses
Textkit Fan

Re: If a book is unreachable, does it exist?

Post by Deses »

rustymason wrote:But I cannot get to them. The closest university that has them is an hour and a half away, and they only have them on microfiche, not in hard copy or computer image form (PDF, TIFF, etc.). If I can't get them, then they don't really exist.

About how long does it take to scan in a book, anyway?
What's the name of the university?

I can do at least 2 scans a minute at 300. Pretty fast. I just set the scanner on automatic and flip the pages.

What is your exact interest in Migne?
<a href="http://www.inrebus.com"> In Rebus: Latin quotes and phrases; Latin mottos; Windows interface for Latin Words </a>

rustymason
Textkit Fan

My Interest in Migne

Post by rustymason »

The University of Houston at Clear Lake. I think that St. Thomas may have them too but I have not checked.

My interest is to make Migne widely available. I understand that much, if not most of it, has never been translated into English. Wouldn't it be cool to translate and publish something that has never been translated and published before? I think that Latin and Greek students would think so.

I got the idea from Gary North:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north390.html
http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north392.html

Is it just Pie in the Sky? Hrrmfff! That's what they said about the Spruce Goose and .... oh, wait.

Really, though, I think it would be fun.

Rusticus

Deses
Textkit Fan

Post by Deses »

I see... Well, I am pretty positive that that university has access to PLD. Who doesn't? You could probably just walk in and use any of their computers. In PLD each volume can be opened in one browser page. Usually a few megabites. Piece of cake.

As for the project itself, I have some doubts. Most of them have been voiced by Gary North. The whole thing would only work well if some standards could be maintained and if each participant had access to a few dictionaries beyond Cassel's and such. Otherwise you will just have a bunch of people endlessly scratching their heads.

rustymason
Textkit Fan

How much would you charge to copy one volume?

Post by rustymason »

How much do you think someone would charge to copy one volume into PDF format?

Deses
Textkit Fan

Re: How much would you charge to copy one volume?

Post by Deses »

rustymason wrote:How much do you think someone would charge to copy one volume into PDF format?
I can't imagine someone would not do this for free. The problem is, it is hard to convince someone to scan a book that has been already digitized. Plus, we are talking Tertullian! You can find him online, anyway. Latin, English or whatever. And I don't think that Migne's editorial notes are all too relevant at this point.

rustymason
Textkit Fan

Access Delayed is Access Denied

Post by rustymason »

Yes, it's already been digitized, but it's not accessible -- I can't get to them without driving an hour and a half each way or without paying mega bucks for a subscription.

The big idea right now is to get these works into the public domain. For example, the books on Textkit are also in libraries across the country, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be digitized.

The starting point is to collect a comprehensive index of works that have and have not been translated into English, and that shows which ones are already freely available on the web.

rustymason
Textkit Fan

Fly, Be Free!

Post by rustymason »

Tertullian is only Vols I-II. Aren't there dozens if not hundreds of other authors in this massive 382 volume collection?

Also, the current digitized version of the Patrologicae is copyrighted, meaning that no one can post a copy of it with his translations anywhere he wanted to.
Last edited by rustymason on Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deses
Textkit Fan

Re: Fly, Be Free!

Post by Deses »

rustymason wrote:Tertullian is just Vol I-II. Aren't there dozens if not hundreds of other authors in this massive 382 volume collection?

Also, the current digitized version is copyrighted, meaning that no one can post a copy of it with his translations anywhere he wanted to.

Yes. And volume I was all you wanted to start with, right?

I entirely understand the purpose of such project, even though I would hardly benefit from it myself. Why don't you start with obtaining the list of all the works in Migne. It must be floating around somewhere. If you can then figure out which works are already exist as public domain texts on the Internet it would already be helpful for some people, I assume. PM me if you need more info.

Diocletian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Diocletian »

If your enrolled in a university, you can borrow whichever volume of Migne
you are interested in through the Interlibrary Loan. What university
do you attend? I've borrowed numerous volumes before.. but only
the volumes with rare works (late antiquity/early medieval) as most
of the other stuff is readily available in better editions today.

If you're planning to scan some of them, I would skip works
like Tertullian and Augustine, as they have been published to
exhaustion... Many works Migne have never been republished
in newer editions.. believe it or not.. At least two volumes I know
are available online already... those some Canadian website.

Diocletian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Diocletian »

Here is a list of the contents of the Greek Volumes:
I especially like these as they ALL have Latin translations
which are great for people like me who can get irritated
with the craziness of Greek sometimes ...

* PG 1: Clement of Rome, pt. 1
* PG 2: Clement of Rome, pt. 2, with Epistle of Barnabas, Shepherd of Hermas, Epistle to Diognetus, etc.
* PG 3: Dionysius the Areopagite, pt. 1
* PG 4: Dionysius the Areopagite, pt. 2
* PG 5: Ignatius of Antioch, with Polycarp, Melito of Sardis, Papias, Apollonius of Ephesus, etc.
* PG 6: Justin Martyr, with Tatian, Athenagoras, Theophilus of Antioch, and Hermias philosophus
* PG 7a: Irenaeus
* PG 7b: Irenaeus
* PG 8: Clement of Alexandria
* PG 9: Clement of Alexandria
* PG 10: Gregory Thaumaturgus, with Pope Zephyrinus, Julius Africanus, Pope Urban I, Hippolytus, etc.
* PG 11: Origen
* PG 12: Origen
* PG 13: Origen
* PG 14: Origen
* PG 15: Origen
* PG 16a: Origen
* PG 16b: Origen
* PG 16c: Origen
* PG 17: Origen
* PG 18: Methodius of Olympius, with Alexander of Lycopolitanus, Peter of Alexandria, Theodore of Mopsuestia, etc.
* PG 19: Eusebius of Caesarea
* PG 20: Eusebius of Caesarea
* PG 21: Eusebius of Caesarea
* PG 22: Eusebius of Caesarea
* PG 23: Eusebius of Caesarea
* PG 24: Eusebius of Caesarea
* PG 25a: Athanasius
* PG 25b: Athanasius
* PG 26: Athanasius
* PG 27: Athanasius
* PG 28: Athanasius
* PG 29a: Basil the Great
* PG 29b: Basil the Great
* PG 30: Basil the Great
* PG 31: Basil the Great
* PG 32: Basil the Great
* PG 33: Cyril of Jerusalem, with Apollinaris of Laodicea, Diodorus of Tarsus, etc.
* PG 34: Macarius of Egypt and Macarius of Alexandria
* PG 35: Gregory of Nazianzus
* PG 36: Gregory of Nazianzus
* PG 37: Gregory of Nazianzus
* PG 38: Gregory of Nazianzus, with Caesarius
* PG 39: Didymus the Blind, Amphilochius Iconiensis, and Nectarius
* PG 40: Egyptian Fathers: Anthony the Great, Pachomius, Serapion, etc.
* PG 41: Epiphanius
* PG 42: Epiphanius
* PG 43: Epiphanius, with Nonnus of Panopolitanus
* PG 44: Gregory of Nyssa
* PG 45: Gregory of Nyssa
* PG 46: Gregory of Nyssa
* PG 47: John Chrysostom
* PG 48: John Chrysostom
* PG 49: John Chrysostom
* PG 50: John Chrysostom
* PG 51: John Chrysostom
* PG 52: John Chrysostom
* PG 53: John Chrysostom
* PG 54: John Chrysostom
* PG 55: John Chrysostom
* PG 56: John Chrysostom
* PG 57: John Chrysostom
* PG 58: John Chrysostom
* PG 59: John Chrysostom
* PG 60: John Chrysostom
* PG 61: John Chrysostom
* PG 62: John Chrysostom
* PG 63: John Chrysostom
* PG 64: John Chrysostom
* PG 65: Severianus, Theophilus, Palladius, Philostrogius, Atticus, Proclus, Flavianus, Marcus Eremita, Marcus Diadochus, and Marcus Diaconus
* PG 66: Theodore of Mopsuestia, Synesius, and Arsenius
* PG 67: Socrates and Sozomenus
* PG 68: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 69: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 70: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 71: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 72: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 73: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 74: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 75: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 76: Cyril of Alexandria
* PG 77: Cyril of Alexandria, Theodotus of Ancyranus, Paul of Emesenus, Acacius of Berrhœensis, John of Antioch, Memon of Ephesus, Acacus of Melito, Rabbulus of Edesse, Firmus of Cæsaria, and Amphilochius of Sidon
* PG 78: Isidorus Pelusiotæ
* PG 79: Nilus of Sinai
* PG 80: Theodoretus of Cyrrhus (Cyrus)
* PG 81: Theodoretus of Cyrrhus (Cyrus)
* PG 82: Theodoretus of Cyrrhus (Cyrus)
* PG 83: Theodoretus of Cyrrhus (Cyrus)
* PG 84: Theodoretus of Cyrrhus (Cyrus)
* PG 85: Basil of Seleucia; Euthalius Deacon of Alexandria, John of Carpathios, Æneas Gazæos, Zacharias Mitylenes Gelasius of Cyzicus, Theotimus, Ammonius, Andreas of Samosatus, Gennadius of Constantinople, Candidus, Antipater of Bostros, Dalmatius, Timothy, and Eustathius.
* PG 86a:Timothy of Constantinople, Theodorus, Procopius Deacon of Tyre, Theodorus Bishop of Scythopolitanus, Timothy of Hierosolymitanus, Timothy III of Alexandria, Theodosius of Alexandria, Eusebius of Alexandria, Eusebius of Emesenus, Gregentius of Tapharensis, Epiphanius of Contstantinople, Isaac of Ninivitanus, Barsanuphius of Palestine, Eustathius, Justinian, Agapetus, and Leontius Byzantinus.
* PG 86b: Leontius Byzantinus (continuation), Ephraimus of Antioch, Paulus Silentiarus, Eutrychius of Constantinople, Evagrius the scholar, Eulogius of Alexandria, Simeon Stylita Junior, Zacharias of Heirosolymitanus, Modesta of Hierosolymitanus, Jobius, Erechtius of Antioch and Peter of Laodocia.
* PG 87a: Procopius of Gaza
* PG 87b: Procopius of Gaza
* PG 87c: Procopius of Gaza, Joannes Moschus, Sophronius, and Alexander Monachus
* PG 88: Cosmas Indicopleustes, Constantine the Deacon, Joannes Climacus, Agathias Myrinæ, Gregory of Antioch, Joannes Jejunator the Partriarch of Constantinople
* PG 89: Anastasius of Sinai, Anastasius of Antioch, Anastisius Abbot of Euthymius, Anastasius IV Patriarch of Antioch, and Antiochus of Sabe
* PG 90: Maximus the Abbot
* PG 91: Maximus the Confessor, Thalasius the Abbot, and Theodore the Abbot of Raithuensis
* PG 92: Paschal Chronicle
* PG 93: Olympiodus Deacon of Alexandria, Hesychius, Leontius of Neapoleos in Cyprus, and Leontius of Damascus
* PG 94: John of Damascus
* PG 95: John of Damascus
* PG 96: John of Damascus with John of Nicæa, John the Patriarch of Constantinople, and Joannes Eubœensis
* PG 97: John Malalas, Andreas of Jerusalem, Elias of Crete and Theordore Abucara
* PG 98: Germanus Patriach of Constantinople, Cosmas of Jerusalem, Gregory II, Anonymus Becuccianus, Pantaleon Deacon of Constantinople, Adrian the Monk, Epiphanius Deacon of Catania, Pacomius the Monk, Philotheus the Monk, and Tarasius Patriarch of Constantinople
* PG 99: Theodori Studitæ
* PG 100: Nicephorus Patriarch of Constantinople, Stephen Deacon of Constantinople, Gregorius Decapolita, Christopher Patriarch of Alexandria, and Methodius Patriarch of Constantinople
* PG 101: Photius of Constantinople
* PG 102: Photius of Constantinople
* PG 103: Photius of Constantinople
* PG 104: Photius of Constantinople, Petrus Siculus, Peter bishop of Argos, and Bartholomew of Edessa
* PG 105: Nicetas David Paphlago, Nicetas of Byzantium, Theognostus the Monk, Anonymous, and Josephus the Hymnographer
* PG 106: Joseppus, Nicephorus the Philosopher, Andreas archbishop of Cæsarea in Capadoccia, Arethas Bishop of Cæsarea in Cappadocia, Joannes Geometra, Cosmas Vestitor, Leo Patricius, and Athanasius Bishop of Corinth, with other Greek works
* PG 107: Leo VI Roman Emperor
* PG 108: Theophanes Abbot and Confessor, Unknown Author, Leo Grammaticus, and Anastasii History and Church Librarian
* PG 109: Scriptores post Theophanem ex edit. Fr. Combefisii
* PG 110: Georgius Monachus
* PG 111: Nicholas Patriarch of Constantinople, Anonymous, Basilius Neopatrensis Metropolita, Basil Bishop of Cæsaræ Cappadocia, Gregory Presbyter of Cæsareæ, Josephus Genesius, Moses son of Cepha in Syria, Theodorus Daphnopata, Nicephorus Presbyter of Constantinople, Eutychius Patriarch of Alexandria, and George the Monk
* PG 112: Constantine Porphyrogenitus
* PG 113: Constantine Porphyrogenitus, Nicon the Monk in Crete, and Theodosius the Deacon
* PG 114: Symeon Metaphrastes
* PG 115: Symeon Metaphrastes
* PG 116: Symeon Metaphrastes
* PG 117: Leonis Diaconi with Hyppolitus Thebanus, Georgides Monachus, Ignatius Diaconus, Nilus, Christophus Protoasecretis, Michael Hamartolus, Anonymus, and Suidas
* PG 118: Å’cumenius Bishop of Trikka
* PG 119: Å’cumenius Bishop of Trikka
* PG 120: Anonymous, Theodorus Iconii Episcopus, Leo Presbyter, Leo Grammaticus, Joannis Presbyter, Epiphanius Monachus Hierosolymitanus, Alexius Patriarch of Constantinople, Demetrius Syncellus Cyzicenus Metropolita, Nicetas Chartophylax Nicænus, Michael Cerularius Patriarch of Constantinople, Samonas Gaxensis Episcopus, Leo Achridanus Bulgarorum Archiepiscopus, Nicetas Pectoratus Presbyter et Monasterii Studiensis Monachus, Joannes Euchaitarum MetropolitaJoannis Xiphilini Archbishop of Constantinople, Joannes Deacon of Constantinople, and Symeonis Junioris
* PG 121: Georgii Cedreni
* PG 122: Georgii Cedreni
* PG 123: Theophylactus Bulgariæ Archiepiscopus
* PG 124: Theophylactus Bulgariæ Archiepiscopus
* PG 125: Theophylactus Bulgariæ Archiepiscopus
* PG 126: Theophylactus Bulgariæ Archiepiscopus
* PG 127: Nicephorus Bryennius, Constantinus Manasses, Nicolaus Patriarch of Constantinople, Lucas Abbas Cryptoferrantersis Septimus, Nicon Monachus Raithensis in Palestina, Anastasius Cæsareæ Palæstineæ Archiepiscopus, Nicetas Serronius, Jacobus Monachus Coccinobaphi, Philippus Solitarius, Job Monachus, Petrus Chrysolanus Mediolanensis Archiepiscopus, Alexius Comnenus Imp. Irene Augusta, Nicephorus Botaniata Imp., and Nicetas Seidus
* PG 128: Euthymius Zigabeno
* PG 129: Euthymius Zigabeno
* PG 130: Euthymius Zigabeno
* PG 131: Euthymius Zigabeno with Anna Comenea Porphyrogenit Cæsarissa
* PG 132: Theophanes Kerameus, Nilus Doxapatrius, John Bishop of Antioch, Joannes Comnenus, Isaacus Magnæ Armeniæ Catholicus
* PG 133: Arsenius in Monte Sancto Monachus, Aristenus Monachus, Lucas Chrysoberges, Theorianus Philosophus Christianus, Nerses Claiensis, Joannes Cinnamus, Manuel Comnenus, Alexius Comnenus, Andronicus Comnenus, Theodorus Prodromus
* PG 134: Joannis Zonaræ
* PG 135: Joannis Zonaræ Georgius Xiphilinus, Isaacius Angleus, Neophytus, Joannes Chilas, Nicolaus Methonensis in Peloponneso Metropolita, and Eustathius Thessalonicensis Metropolita
* PG 136: Eustathius of Thessalonica with Antonius Melissa
* PG 137: Theodori Balsamonis
* PG 138: Theodori Balsamonis
* PG 139: Isidorus Thessalonicensis Metropolita, Nicetas Maroneæ Thessalonicensis Metropolita, Joannes Citri Episcopus, Marcus Alexandrinus Byzantinus, Nicetas Choniata
* PG 140: Nicetas Choniata, Anonymi Græci, Michael Acominatus Choniata Archbishop of Athens, Theodorus Alanicus, Theordous Andidensis Episcopus, Manuel Magnus Rhetor Constantinople, Pantaleo, Manuel Charitopulus, Germanus II, Michael Chumnus, Theodorus Ducas Lascaris, Methodius, Nicephorus II, Constantinus Acropolita, Arsenius Autorianus, Georgius Acropolita, Nicephorus Chumnus, Alexander IV, and Sixtus IV
* PG 141: Joannes Veccus, Constantinus Meliteniota, and Georgius Metochita
* PG 142: Georgius Cyprius, Athanasius Patriarch of Constantinople, and Nicephorus Blemmida
* PG 143: Ephr&aeligmius Chronographus, Theoleptus Philadelphiensium Metropolita, and Georgius Pachymeres
* PG 144: Georgius Pachymeres, Theodorus Metochita Magnus Logtheta, and Matthæus Blastares Hieromonachus
* PG 145: Matthæus Blastares Hieromonachus, Theodulus Monachus, Alias Thomas Magister, Nicephorus Callistus Xanthopulus
* PG 146: Nicephorus Callistus Xanthopulus
* PG 147: Nicephorus Callistus Xanthopulus, Callistus et Ignatius Xanthopuli Monachi, Callistus Patriarcha Constantinopuli Monachi, Callistus Telicoudes, Callistus Cataphugiota, Nicepphorus Monachus, Maximus Planudes Cpolitanus Monachus
* PG 148: Nicephorus Gregoras
* PG 149: Nicephorus Gregoras, Nilus Cabasilas Thessalonicensis Metropolita, Theodorus Meliteniota, Magnæ Ecclesiæ Sacellarius, Georgius Lapitha, and Anonymus
* PG 150: Constantinus Harmenopulus, Macarius Chrysocephalus Philadelphiensis Metropolita, Joannes Caleca Cpolitanus Patriarcha, Theophanes Nicænus Archiepiscopus, Nicolaus Cabasila Thessalonicensis Metropolita, Gregorius Palamas Thessalonicensis Metropolita
* PG 151: Gregorius Palamas Thessalonicensis Metropolita, Gregorius Acindynus Monachus et Theologus, Barlaamus de Seminaria, Gyracensis Episcopus
* PG 152: Manuel Calecas Ordinis fratrum minorum Monachus Cpolitanus Patriarcha, Joannes Cyparissiota, Matthæus Cantacuzenus Imp.Cp. and Joan. Glycis, Esaias, Joan. Caleca, Isidorus, Callistus, and Philotheus Cpolitani
* PG 153: Joannes Cantacuzenus Imp. CP
* PG 154: Joannes Cantacuzenus Imp. CP, Philotheus Cpolitanus Patriarcha, Demetrius Cydonius, Maximus Chrysoberga Monachus
* PG 155: Symeon Thessalonicensis Archiepiscopus
* PG 156: Manuel Chrysoloras, Joannes Cananus, Manuel II Palæologus, Joannes Anagnosta, and Georgius Phrantza
* PG 157: Georgius Codinus Curopalata and Ducas
* PG 158: Michael Clyca, Joannes Diaconus Adrianopolitanus, Esaias Cyprius, Hilario Monachus, Joannes Argyropulus, Josephus Cpolitanus Patriarcha, Job Monachus, Bartholomæus de Jano Ord. Minorum, Nicolaus Barbarus Patricius Venetus, and Anonymus
* PG 159: Laonicus Chalcocondyla Atheniensis, Leonardus Chiensis Mitlyenæus Archiepiscopus, Isidorus S.R.E. Cardinalis Ruthenorum Episcopus, Josephus Methonensis Episcopus
* PG 160: Gregorius Mamma Cpolitanus Patriarcha, Gennadius Seu Georgius Scholarius Xpolitanus Patriarcha, Georgius Gemistus Pletho, Matthæus Camariota, Marcus Eugenicus Ephesius Metropolita, and Nicolaus V Romanus Pontifex
* PG 161: Bessarion S.R.E. Cardinalis, Georgius Trapezuntinus, Constantinus Lascaris, Theodorus Gaza, and Andronicus Callistus

Diocletian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Diocletian »

The Latin Volumes are as follows:

1-2 Tertullianus
3-5 Minucius Felix, Dionysius Alexandrinus, Cornelius papa, Novatianus, Stephanus I Cyprianus Carthaginensis Arnobius Afer, Dionysius Alexandrinus, Commodianus Gazaeus
6-7 Lactantius
8 Constantinus I, Victorinus Petavionensis
9-10 Hilarius Pictaviensis
11 Zeno Veronensis, Optatus Milevitanus
12 Eusebius Vercellensis, Firmicus Maternus
13 Damasus, Pacianus, Lucifer Calaritanus
14-17 Ambrosius Mediolanensis
18 Ulfilas Gothorum, Symmachus, Martinus Turonensis, Tichonius
19 Juvencus, Sedulius Coelius, Optatianus, Severus Rhetor, Faltonia Proba
20 Sulpicius Severus, Paulinus Mediolanensis, Faustus Manichaeus, Innocentius I
21 Rufinus Aquileiensis, Pelagius haeresiarcha
22-30 Hieronymus Stridonensis
31 Flavius Lucius Dexter, Paulus Orosius
32-47 Augustinus Hipponensis
48 Marius Mercator
49-50 Joannes Cassianus
51 Prosper Aquitanus
52 Petrus Chrysologus
53 Mamertus Claudianus, Salvianus Massiliensis, Arnobius junior, Patricius Hiberniae
54-56 Leo I
57 Maximus Taurinensis
58 Hilarus papa, Simplicius papa, Felix III
59 Gelasius I, Avitus Viennensis, Faustinus
60 Aurelius Prudentius, Dracontius
61 Paulinus Nolanus, Orientius, Auspicius Tullensis
62 Eugyppius Africae
63 Boetius, Ennodius Felix, Trifolius presbyter, Hormisdas I, Elpis
64 Boetius
65 Fulgentius Ruspensis, Felix IV, Bonifacius II
66 Benedictus pater monachorum Occidentalium
67 Dionysius Exiguus, Viventiolus Lugdunensis, Trojanus Santonensis, Pontianus Africae, Caesarius Arelatensis, Fulgentius Ferrandus
68 Primasius Adrumetanus, Arator, Nicetius Trevirensis, Aurelius Arelatensis
69-70 Cassiodorus
71 Gregorius Turonensis
72 Pelagius II, Joannes II, Benedictus I
73-74 Vitae Patrum
75-76 Gregorius I
77 Gregorius I
78-79 Gregorius I
80 Auctores VII saec.
81-84 Isidorus Hispalensis
85-86 Liturgia Mozarabica
87 Auctores VII saec.
88 Venantius Fortunatus, Crisconius Africanus
89 Sergius I, Joannes VI, Felix Ravennatensis, Bonifacius Moguntinus
90-95 Beda
96 Hildefonsus Toletanus, Julianus Toletanus, Leo II
97-98 Carolus Magnus, Ludovicus I, Lotharius, Rudolphus I
99 Paulinus Aquileiensis, Theodorus Cantuariensis
100-101 Alcuinus
102 Smaragdus S. Michaelis
103 Benedictus Anianensis, Sedulius Scotus
104 Agobardus Lugdunensis, Eginhardus, Claudius Taurinensis, Ludovicus Pius
105 Theodulfus Aurelianensis, Eigil Fuldensis, Dungalus reclusus, Ermoldus Nigellus, Symphosius Amalarius
106 Gregorius IV, Sergius II, Jonas Aurelianensis, Freculphus Lexoviensis, Frotharius Tullensis
107-112 Rabanus Maurus
113-114 Walafridus Strabo
115 Leo IV, Benedictus III, Eulogius Toletanus, Prudentius Trecensis, Angelomus Lexoviensis
116-118 Haymo Halberstatensis
119 Nicolaus I, Florus Lugdunensis, Lupus Ferrariensis
120 Paschasius Radbertus
121 Ratramnus Corbeiensis, Aeneas Parisiensis, Remigius Lugdunensis, Wandalbertus Prumiensis, Paulus Alvarus Cordubensis, Gotteschalcus Orbacensis
122 Joannes Scotus
123 Ado Viennensis
124 Usuardus Sangermanii, Carolus II Calvus
125-126 Hincmarus Rhemensis
127-129 Anastasius bibliothecarius
130 Isidorus Mercator, Marcus Valerius Probus
131 Remigius Antissiodorensis, Notkerus Balbulus
132 Regino Prumiensis, Hucbaldus S. Amandi
133 Odo Cluniacensis
134 Atto Vercellensis
135 Flodoardus Remensis, Joannes XIII
136 Ratherius Veronensis, Liutprandus Cremonensis
137 Hrothsuita Gandersheimensis, Widukindus Corbeiensis, Dunstanus Cantuariensis, Adso Dervensis
138 Richerus S. Remigii
139 Sylvester II (Gerbertus), Aimoinus Floriacensis, Abbo Floriacensis, Thietmarus Merseburgensis
140 Burchardus Wormaciensis, Henricus II imperator, Adelboldus Trajectensis
141 Fulbertus Carnotensis, Guido Aretinus, Joannes XIX
142 Bruno Herbipolensis, Odilo Cluniacensis, Berno Augiae Divitis
143 Hermannus Contractus, Humbertus Silvae Candidae, Leo IX
144-145 Petrus Damianus
146 Othlonus S. Emmerammi, Adamus Bremensis, Gundecharus Eichstetensis, Lambertus Hersfeldensis, Petrus Malleacensis
147 Joannes Abrincensis, Bertholdus Constantiensis, Bruno Magdeburgensis, Marianus Scottus, Landulfus Mediolanensis, Alphanus Salernitanus
148 Gregorius VII
149 Victor III, Anselmus Lucensis, Willelmus
150 Lanfrancus Cantuariensis
151 Urbanus II
152-153 Bruno Carthusianorum
154 Hugo Flaviniacensis, Ekkehardus Uraugiensis, Wolphelmus Brunwillerensis
155 Godefridus Bullonius, Radulfus Ardens, Lupus Protospatarius
156 Guibertus S. Mariae de Novigento
157 Goffridus Vindocinensis, Thiofridus Efternacensis, Petrus Alphonsus
158-159 Anselmus Cantuariensis
160 Sigebertus Gemblacensis
161 Ivo Carnotensis
162 Ivo Carnotensis, Petrus Chrysolanus, Anselmus Laudunensis
163 Paschalis II, Gelasius II, Calixtus II
164-165 Bruno Astensis
166 Baldricus Dolensis, Honorius II, Cosmas Pragensis
167-170 Rupertus Tuitensis
171 Hildebertus Turonensis, Marbodus Redonensis
172 Honorius Augustodunensis
173 Leo Marsicanus, Petrus diaconus, Rodulfus S. Trudonis
174 Godefridus Admontensis
175-177 Hugo de S. Victore
178 Petrus Abaelardus
179 Willelmus Malmesburiensis
180 Eugenius III, Guillelmus S. Theodorici
181 Herveus Burgidolensis
182-185 Bernardus Claraevallensis
186 Sugerius S. Dionysii, Robertus Pullus, Zacharias Chrysopolitanus
187 Gratianus
188 Ordericus Vitalis, Anastasius IV, Adrianus IV
189 Petrus Venerabilis
190 Thomas Cantuariensis, Herbertus de Boseham, Gilbertus Foliot
191-192 Petrus Lombardus
193 Garnerius S. Victoris, Gerhohus Reicherspergensis
194 Gerhohus Reicherspergensis, Hugo Pictavinus, Isaac de Stella, Alcherus Claraevallensis
195 Aelredus Rievallensis, Wolbero S. Pantaleonis, Elisabeth Schonaugiensis
196 Richardus S. Victoris
197 Hildegardis abbatissa
198 Adamus Scotus, Petrus Comestor, Godefridus Viterbiensis
199 Joannes Saresberiensis
200 Alexander III
201 Arnulfus Lexoviensis, Guillelmus Tyrensis
202 Petrus Cellensis, Urbanus III, Gregorius VIII, Hugo Eterianus, Gilbertus Foliot
203 Philippus de Harveng
204 Reinerus S. Laurentii Leodiensis, Clemens III
205 Petrus Cantor
206 Coelestinus III, Thomas Cisterciensis, Joannes Algrinus
207 Petrus Blesensis
208 Martinus Legionensis
209 Martinus Legionensis, Wilhelmus Daniae, Gualterus de Castellione
210 Alanus de Insulis
211 Stephanus Tornacensis, Petrus Pictaviensis, Adamus Perseniae
212 Helinandus Frigidi Montis, Guntherus Cisterciensis, Odo de Soliaco
213 Sicardus Cremonensis, Petrus Sarnensis
214-217 Innocentius III
218-221 Indices

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

A place to start

(I do realize the original post is kind of old, but it got me looking around...)
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

tico
Textkit Member

Post by tico »

Thanks for the link!

Hope the whole series will be available soon.

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

tico wrote:Hope the whole series will be available soon.
From a quick glance and random search of some titles, it appears that they may well have the whole greek series available, but not the latin (yet).
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

Chris Weimer
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Chris Weimer »

I've got most of Migne on CDs. You can find it all on Googlebooks. Thanks to my professor Mischa Hooker for his hints here.

Diocletian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Diocletian »

Oh my God ! :) I LOVE GOOGLE
I haven't looked at their library site in a awhile
but they have tons of new stuff now...including
numerous rare Greek and Latin Grammars :)

Viva Googleum! LOL :)

Tertius Robertus
Textkit Fan
Location: 666 Burning Hotties Road, Ol' Dis by Styx, 5th inner circle, Hell.

Post by Tertius Robertus »

in case someone not from the u.s. is unable to open google books, or to download thence, the patrologiae can be found, in pdf format, divided into several books here. it is to be noticed however that tis not completed yet: tis a work still in progress. (most of the latin is avaible, and on august they will post 20 more books, but there is no greek yet) :D

cheers!

EDIT: the url has changed: http://www.documentacatholicaomnia.eu/25_Migne.html
Last edited by Tertius Robertus on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moerus
Textkit Fan

Post by Moerus »

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if the 'lexicon auxiliare' from Christian Helfer is to find somewhere on the net (in pdf or Djvu or something like that?)??? I've been searching a while now but well without any results :(

Thnx in advance,

Moerus

P.S.: I already checkes google, but I cannot download it from there ...

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

Tertius Robertus wrote:in case someone not from the u.s. is unable to open google books, or to download thence, the patrologiae can be found, in pdf format, divided into several books here. it is to be noticed however that tis not completed yet: tis a work still in progress. (most of the latin is avaible, and on august they will post 20 more books, but there is no greek yet) :D

cheers!

EDIT: the url has changed: http://www.documentacatholicaomnia.eu/25_Migne.html
The sheer quantity of text and effort put into that website is astounding...

nansky
Textkit Neophyte

Post by nansky »

Diocletian wrote:If your enrolled in a university, you can borrow whichever volume of Migne
you are interested in through the Interlibrary Loan. What university
do you attend? I've borrowed numerous volumes before.. but only
the volumes with rare works (late antiquity/early medieval) as most
of the other stuff is readily available in better editions today.

If you're planning to scan some of them, I would skip works
like Tertullian and Augustine, as they have been published to
exhaustion... Many works Migne have never been republished
in newer editions.. believe it or not.. At least two volumes I know
are available online already... those some Canadian website.
Diocletian: I registered on this site specifically to be able to write and thank you multiple times for posting the list of PG contents!

I edit biblical interpretation scholarship. Am now working through the proofs of A HISTORY OF BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION vol. 2 (2008; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans; vol. 1 2003), and there are some maddening lacunae among the lists of ancient writers. Your list has made my work SOo-o-o much easier! Now I can check spellings of names, and PG volume numbers for the works our authors have referenced in their articles and bibliographies.

Diocletian, YOU ARE MY HERO!