A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
cthomas
Textkit Neophyte

A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek

Post by cthomas »

Dr. William D. Mounce has A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek. What is A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek? Have you used one and did it help you?

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

A graded reader is a book that has a (Greek) text that is designed to help students of the language at a particular stage (grade) of their study.
It provides vocabulary, grammatical and syntax helps for the student who may need this.
It cuts down on the frustration of reading Greek without any helps when you are barely ready to read such texts.
Is it helpful?
Yes, anything that get you reading Greek will be helpful.
It is a gentle way of submersing you into Greek.

cthomas
Textkit Neophyte

Post by cthomas »

Since I'm learning New Testament Greek by self study using Basics of Biblical Greek. At what point should I start using Dr. William D. Mounce A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek?

I have been thing of getting New Testament Greek on CD ROM to listen to. Has any body else used the New Testament Greek on CD ROM to help them learn New Testament Greek? Which one would would you suggest?

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

cthomas wrote:Since I'm learning New Testament Greek by self study using Basics of Biblical Greek. At what point should I start using Dr. William D. Mounce A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek?
You should be able to get a lof of benefit from it when you are at chapter 19 or so.
You can start earlier (I would encourage you to do so) but if you don't have something like a tutor it might be a little frustrating and it might turn you off.