We've reached the target

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

We've reached the target

Post by Carola »

Just noticed we were over the 100,000 mark - congratulations Jeff and all the Textkit crew!! ;D

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re:We've reached the target

Post by Jeff Tirey »

thank you - it's a nice goal. Next up - 1 million!<br />
Textkit Founder

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=586;start=0#5221 date=1062544736]<br />thank you - it's a nice goal. Next up - 1 million!<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Put some more Latin books online Jeff - that will do the trick! (Gasps of horror from Greek fans :o )

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Yes, we always lean a bit Greek. This is partly because Greek readers are provide more unique content on the Internet than Latin text which can be easily found.<br /><br />But to settle the score, up next are:<br /><br />Greenough's Second Year Latin<br />Greenough and Kitteredge : Aeneid Six Books<br />Gildersleeve's Latin Grammar For Schools<br /><br />and a few odds and ends.<br /><br />
Textkit Founder

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

I can't wait!! Thanks Jeff.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Jeff, I'm delighted to hear that more Latin books are coming down the pike. It always seems like there are more Greek books on this site, yet it's the Latin board that gets more traffic.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

[size=18=12])/ιτω, ἑλλη?νικέ, ἴτω. <br /><br />hehe...<br /><br />(Er, no, I'm just putting latin off till I get rolling on greek. ;D)<br /><br />These days I've probably studied greek more than I had during the last twenty years, stimulated by this community, looking many people advanced, and still young people learning more intensely than I do.<br />