oedipus rex

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
hamlet
Textkit Neophyte

oedipus rex

Post by hamlet »

I'm looking for on-line greek texts of Sophokles' Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Kolonos & Antigone. Can anyone help me?<br />Thanks

Raya
Textkit Fan

Re:oedipus rex

Post by Raya »

I'm afraid the only place I know of is Perseus, which you may well have tried already...<br /><br />www.perseus.tufts.edu<br /><br />Just put 'Sophocles' into the search engine and you should find them. Fair warning though, you can't download the texts as a convenient document - you have to visit each page.

Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Post by Elucubrator »

Jeff has one in the queue. Maybe if you ask him he'll bump it up there and scan it after Herodotus and the Latin stuff. :) <br /><br />

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

yes, I have John Williams White's Oedipus Tyrannus Greek reader, but it'll have to wait until after some other Latin and Greek readers are posted. <br /><br />It'll be NT Greek > Caesar & Livy > Herodotus & Thucydides >> then a large series of Greek tragedies <br /><br />oh, I also have a first class "Selections from Plato" by Sidgwick. That too is a very nice reader.<br /><br />So many books...So little time...
Textkit Founder

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=jeff link=board=1;threadid=108;start=0#492 date=1052837511]<br />So many books...So little time... <br />[/quote]<br /><br />But the fact that you're willing and able to post them at all is wonderful! Thank you!<br /><br />Kilmeny

tyke
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tyke »

Hamlet<br /><br />Try this site:<br />http://www.mikrosapoplous.gr/en/texts1en.htm<br /><br />& plays by Sophocles to be had in Greek<br /><br />Tyke

hamlet
Textkit Neophyte

Post by hamlet »

Check'd out http://www.mikrosapoplous.gr/en/texts1en.htm & got the sophokles - thanks a million tyke.<br />reason I was asking is I'm working with a theatre & have convinced them to let me direct Sophokles' Oedipus cycle. Which is amazing. & convinced them that I can translate all 3 for the production. Which is even more amazing. Left all my Greek texts in another place & time, so searching for what I can find on the internet.<br />Thanks agayne!<br />

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

What is the current status of this Oedipus Rex reader-thingy?

No hurry, but I want to download it as soon as it goes up.