Textkit Logo

oedipus rex

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

oedipus rex

Postby hamlet » Mon May 12, 2003 4:23 pm

I'm looking for on-line greek texts of Sophokles' Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Kolonos & Antigone. Can anyone help me?<br />Thanks
phpbb
hamlet
Textkit Neophyte

Re:oedipus rex

Postby Raya » Mon May 12, 2003 4:26 pm

I'm afraid the only place I know of is Perseus, which you may well have tried already...<br /><br />www.perseus.tufts.edu<br /><br />Just put 'Sophocles' into the search engine and you should find them. Fair warning though, you can't download the texts as a convenient document - you have to visit each page.
phpbb
Raya
Textkit Fan

Postby Elucubrator » Mon May 12, 2003 11:42 pm

Jeff has one in the queue. Maybe if you ask him he'll bump it up there and scan it after Herodotus and the Latin stuff. :) <br /><br />
Elucubrator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jeff Tirey » Tue May 13, 2003 2:51 pm

yes, I have John Williams White's Oedipus Tyrannus Greek reader, but it'll have to wait until after some other Latin and Greek readers are posted. <br /><br />It'll be NT Greek > Caesar & Livy > Herodotus & Thucydides >> then a large series of Greek tragedies <br /><br />oh, I also have a first class "Selections from Plato" by Sidgwick. That too is a very nice reader.<br /><br />So many books...So little time...
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Milito » Wed May 14, 2003 4:38 pm

[quote author=jeff link=board=1;threadid=108;start=0#492 date=1052837511]<br />So many books...So little time... <br />[/quote]<br /><br />But the fact that you're willing and able to post them at all is wonderful! Thank you!<br /><br />Kilmeny
phpbb
Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby tyke » Thu May 15, 2003 8:32 am

Hamlet<br /><br />Try this site:<br />http://www.mikrosapoplous.gr/en/texts1en.htm<br /><br />& plays by Sophocles to be had in Greek<br /><br />Tyke
phpbb
tyke
Textkit Neophyte

Postby hamlet » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:57 am

Check'd out http://www.mikrosapoplous.gr/en/texts1en.htm & got the sophokles - thanks a million tyke.<br />reason I was asking is I'm working with a theatre & have convinced them to let me direct Sophokles' Oedipus cycle. Which is amazing. & convinced them that I can translate all 3 for the production. Which is even more amazing. Left all my Greek texts in another place & time, so searching for what I can find on the internet.<br />Thanks agayne!<br />
phpbb
hamlet
Textkit Neophyte

Postby GlottalGreekGeek » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:35 am

What is the current status of this Oedipus Rex reader-thingy?

No hurry, but I want to download it as soon as it goes up.
GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Return to Learning Greek