Greek Poster?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Prisca
Textkit Neophyte

Greek Poster?

Post by Prisca »

Greetings to all! I am looking for a wall-poster or print of the Greek Alphabet. <br /><br /> Any recommendations where I can purchase such a poster?<br /><br /> Thanks.<br /><br />

klewlis
Global Moderator

Re:Greek Poster?

Post by klewlis »

hey there, welcome here!<br /><br />I don't know of such a thing but if it is simply the alphabet that you want you could do up one yourself and print it on glossy paper...
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Hello, Prisca; welcome to Textkit. <br /><br />Okay, I don't know if this will help you or how good the poster is, but here goes: <br /><br />I have a book called English from the Roots Up, a sort of lower-grade flashcard-based textbook that someone gave me. One of the very first pages in the book has a sort of small poster of the Greek alphabet, and lists the capital Greek letter, then the lowercase Greek letter, then the name of the letter, then the phonetic sound of the letter. The note at the bottom of the page says, <br /><br />Reprinted with the permission of The American Classical League<br /><br />This page is available as a colorful poster (19"x24 1/2") from The American Classical League <br />Miami University <br />Oxford, Ohio <br />45056 <br /><br />Again, I don't know if this will help or not, since I've never contacted them for the poster, and I have no clue if they even still have it-the copyright date on the book is 1989-but it might be worth checking into. <br /><br />I hope this helps! <br /><br />Keesa

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

I did some searchwork upon infos by Keesa, and voilá!<br />The Greek Alphabet.<br />But alas, no sample image.<br /><br />