I am worried for you people!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:I am worried for you people!

Post by Episcopus »

We can't really one's principle's after having 'talked' to him on the internet. I am curious to see what your life be like ;) <br /><br />There's not really much I can do about the christians here. I discovered a long while ago that they were worth nothing. <br />Why should I, benissime, waste my life on disgraces that have nothing to do with me. <br /><br />I would like to slap some of the 15 year old pop trash girls and beat them to the ground because of what they do, but I just hold that thought: there is nothing that I can do in reality.<br />I have no money to make a difference; people, inopia pecuniae and that damn law keeps me in one place sine potentia. <br /><br />Please, latin person, tell me not what I must do and do yourself what you feel yourself to have to do. So no, I don't need to practise what I preach. Indeed, if you, for example, were practising what you preach you would be some insane flopping dead scarecrow.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Well, if you don't believe the things that you say, then why do you say them?
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Well, off the current issue, but...<br />when I first tried to sing our national anthem in rap style(while I'm not well versed in music) I was almost hit by a senior collaborator--that was when I was a new face in the workplace. hehe.<br /><br />----<br /><br />everthing good in christianity's found in old greek, or egyptian cults. love your enemy, god-man died and resurrected for salvation of people, walked on waters(if you can say why it's beneficial for others), etc., etc.. since it's a reverberation of the old cults in judaistic flavour. i.e., Sokrates in Plato's Politeia says what almost sounds 'love your enemy'.<br />And the resurrection myth has a definite moral in it. We need to be born again in a broader angle of sight in relation of ourself and the world in order to truly love your neighbor(and enemies).<br /><br />I don't feel like abhor those good things in christianity because people don't do what they believe. It's because they do not know what they have to know. what I hate in christianity is its blood-stained history and its self-righteousness. But we have alternatives if we need the good things in christianity.<br />

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

Thanks for the explanation of the "Christian Music" term guys, but I didn't mean to start a flame war about religion! I think that in USA people are much more into defining "genres" of music - probably because you have so many more radio stations & TV. Here (in non-east coast Australia) we have to make do with public radio stations that have an hour or two of jazz (which encompasses everything from trad to bebop) then an hour or two of "classical" (like, it's got violins maybe) so getting more refined and differing between Christian & non (pagan?) would be too hard. The commercial radio stations play pop trash and, oddly enough, a government funded station plays lots of rap! Sadly, our federal politicians are not a bunch of music lovers, they are just too terrified to axe the "rappers" radio as 18 year olds can vote!

tdominus
Textkit Member

Post by tdominus »

As for me, I like classical music, and some 'radio music'. My favourite composer is J.S. Bach. I play classical guitar and am trying to learn piano.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Really? I play piano, although not as well as I could. I took lessons for five years, but I've stopped taking them now, which means I'm no longer trying to impress my teacher, which means I don't practice as often. ;) I love playing, though.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Punk, classical, and random songs from other genres ;D
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=487;start=45#4830 date=1061761575]<br />Punk, classical, and random songs from other genres ;D<br />[/quote]<br /><br />You have broad tastes! (Which is a good thing, by the way.) <br /><br />Keesa

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Thank you, my dear 8)<br /><br />I also have a strange attraction to the old Latin church songs, so don't get me wrong on the gospel genre! ^.^

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Quote from: benissimus on Today at 05:46:15pm <br />Punk, classical, and random songs from other genres <br /> <br />I like rock, punk, classical and most instrumental myself. Though recently I have been listening to a lot of Celtic music too (which I have enjoyed). Guess it shows that you can have broad tastes, it helps that I play piano (ten years now).

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=487;start=45#4833 date=1061764754]<br />Thank you, my dear 8)<br /><br />I also have a strange attraction to the old Latin church songs, so don't get me wrong on the gospel genre! ^.^<br />[/quote]<br /><br />You really should go look for a CD/book combination by Sandra Boynton (I think that's how her last name is spelled) called "Grunt - Piggorian Chant". It's really some very nice chant-type music, wherein all the participants - who include a farmer, some chickens, ducks (saying "quaquamodo" a lot), cows and pigs - all sing in Latin... except the pigs, who use (of course) pig-Latin.... It's good for the sense of the ridiculous, should you feel like following along with the words....<br /><br />Kilmeny

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Wow, that sounds very... interesting (that word doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about what you just said ::)).

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Milito link=board=6;threadid=487;start=45#4838 date=1061777955]<br />You really should go look for a CD/book combination by Sandra Boynton (I think that's how her last name is spelled) called "Grunt - Piggorian Chant". [/quote]<br />Hey, I've seen that CD! I think it was at the Discovery Channel store, many many many years ago. I wonder if they still sell it there.<br /><br />I just found the CD on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redir ... 388/sr=8-1. You can see two of the pages from the book on their site (actually 5, but only 2 were interesting). Too bad they don't have sound samples like they do for their regular CDs. <br /><br />

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=487;start=45#4845 date=1061788629]<br />You can see two of the pages from the book on their site (actually 5, but only 2 were interesting). Too bad they don't have sound samples like they do for their regular CDs. <br />[/color]<br />[/quote]<br />Well, it's not a very large book, so that explains the number of pages....<br /><br />And it's a pity about the music - it doesn't sound at all like you'd expect it to sound, based on the description!<br /><br />Kilmeny

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

let's put this thread to bed.<br /><br />Jeff
Textkit Founder