Trying my hand again

Are you learning Latin with D'Ooge's Beginners Latin Book? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback and comments from others.
Kopio
Global Moderator

Trying my hand again

Post by Kopio »

Hello All,

Well.....

At the school I go to we are allowed to print up to $20 worth of material per year. I had ended the year with far less than that, so on a whim, I printed the entire D'Ooge grammar, with the answer key. I then promptly took it down to the copy center, where for the small sum of $1.35 they bound it for me between two heavy duty plastic sleaves.

So for the paltry sum of $1.35 I have my very own hard copy of D'Ooge !! :)

I have started up on learning Latin again. I have been carting the book with me to work, and spending my lunch hour reading it, and working through excercises. I hadn't gotten very far last year before I started back at school and was absolutely swamped and had to put it down. I'm hoping to work through a good chunk of it this summer, and get well on my way to casual reading of Latin texts. My Greek is pretty close to there now, so all I need to do is get the Latin up to , and I can start really seriously start thinking about a Classics degree.

Anyhow....questions are sure to come, but I thought I'd post and let y'all know that I'm back on Latin.

bellum paxque
Textkit Zealot

Post by bellum paxque »

o amice, multum fortunae temporisque in linguam latinam studendo semper habeas!

-david

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

I printed mine on scrap paper from work. Being a professional practice we generate enough scrap paper to print "War & Peace" every week! (What ever happened to the "paperless" office?)
I have tried some experimentation with printing like a book (with 2 pages to a sheet & in small "booklets" of 4 double sided pages to bind together - and with a stunning lack of success! I think the binders are the way to go.