Textkit T-Shirt Color

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Textkit T-Shirt Color

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=75#4713 date=1061591778]<br /><br />benissime, you'd pick an iota subscript over anna kournikova!<br />Such is your zeal. <br />[/quote]<br />Benissimus has class.... ;D<br />[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=75#4713 date=1061591778]<br /><br />Back to the T-Shirt topic, why black? <br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Black is a great colour. (Or lack-of-colour, if you want to get technical.) I wore a long black dress to my highschool graduation. A couple years later, I was able to use it as a classy vampire costume.<br /><br />Black works well with pretty well any other colour (except those that don't work well on their own - no colours mentioned ;) ). It can be sinister, and it can be dramatic - or both. It can be very conservative, or it can be exactly the opposite. <br /><br />It is also very useful if one enjoys disappearing into shadows.<br /><br />Black has many points in its favour!<br /><br />Kilmeny

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Interesting... I had assumed you were male, mainly by your name. Shame on me ;o Or do you just like the way dresses feel?
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=75#4728 date=1061598638]<br />Interesting... I had assumed you were male, mainly by your name. Shame on me ;o Or do you just like the way dresses feel?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />(Howls of laughter).<br /><br />Nope, just a not-very-conventional female..... ;D<br /><br />Kilmeny

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

I voted for white.<br />It reminds me of the white marble columns of ancient greek and roman buildings. But white is easy to dirty, yes.<br />

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

[quote author=mingshey link=board=6;threadid=433;start=75#4748 date=1061608292]<br />But white is easy to dirty, yes.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />And difficult to wash, yes?<br /><br />Well, for a bachelor amateur classicist it is. It is very likely to end up some other color. Like all my subtly pink - formerly white - socks. Only the white cotton french-cuffed shirts are paid close laundry attention.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Anything we wear white is liable to wind up some other color, also-usually red or brown, since those are the two main colors of the mud (well, one mud, one clay) around our house. <br /><br />Keesa

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=William Annis link=board=6;threadid=433;start=75#4749 date=1061608888]<br /><br />Well, for a bachelor amateur classicist it is. It is very likely to end up some other color. Like all my subtly pink - formerly white - socks. Only the white cotton french-cuffed shirts are paid close laundry attention.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />The only things I really worry about washing are my uniform shirts, which are supposed to be a light blue in colour. I became much more careful about them after a mis-hap with a barracks washing machine that turned them sort of a greeny-blue. This was a problem, since they were then illegal to wear.....<br /><br />Pale blue uniform shirts now get washed with the white socks.....<br /><br />But that's another advantage to black - if it picks up colour from something else, you can't tell... and it takes a LONG time for black to be washed into a grey-ish colour.<br /><br />(I begin to wonder - why did I vote "blue"?)<br /><br />Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I can not comprehend your disliking pink! It rules...<br /><br />