so unfair

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
klewlis
Global Moderator

so unfair

Post by klewlis »

just a few minutes ago i was chatting with my friend mike, via instant messaging... he is on a two month tour of europe right now and is currently in rome... tomorrow he is going to see the sistine chapel.<br /><br />i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous and want to go sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly but fear i will never have the money. <br /><br />hopefully he will send me postcards :P
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:so unfair

Post by Keesa »

My best friend is also going to Europe this fall...I'm about ready to smuggle myself in her suitcase! <br /><br />Keesa

adz000
Textkit Member

Post by adz000 »

What's so great about the Sistine Chapel again? <br />I remember something about some Sybils but you can get that from Virgil.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welllll....it was painted by Michaelangelo. Does that count?

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

it's all about the art... famous, famous painting on the ceiling... i used to have a calendar and it was awesome. i'd love to see it in person. yay for michaelangelo!
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Michaelangelus... I love him. I want to see his work very badly...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Like any other art, it is so much more impressive to see the real thing compared to a photograph of it. The experience can't be compared. I would love to see that too. Yes, your friend Mike had better bring back some nice souvenirs for you!!

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=509;start=0#4492 date=1061363671]<br />Yes, your friend Mike had better bring back some nice souvenirs for you!!<br />[/quote]<br /><br />But not the whole ceiling.... That would be frowned upon....<br /><br />Kilmeny

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

pardon any speling mistakes...its hard to type when youre laughign your head off...

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

oooooh it would be SO cool to have the sistine chapel ceiling as my new apartment ceiling (think it'd fit? I could move to a bigger apartment!)

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

You'll need a larger apartment. But then, with a ceiling like that... would you ever get out of bed?

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

no, but that would give me a great excuse to be lazy... "i'm studying art, really!"