Textkit Time and Study Time

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Textkit Time and Study Time

Post by bingley »

So which one is true for you? Are you really studying or is keeping up with the number of messages starting to eat into your study time?

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Textkit Time and Study Time

Post by Carola »

I have to admit I use Texkit when I want a break from work, but study time is sacred and not to be used for anything else (like housework, paying bills, cooking....). Study also gives me an excuse for getting out of unwanted social engagements ("So sorry I can't come and help out at your twins' second birthday party - I have an assignment to finish"). I even read Latin in bed at night - who needs a sleeping tablet when a few pages of Caesar's Civil Wars can send you into deep unconciousness?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I'm only allowed on the Internet before or after business hours, so that (naturally) limits the time I can spend on the Forums. However, since I downloaded dear Dr. D'Ooge (what alliteration!) I can study him whenever I want to...<br /><br />Keesa

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

The volume of messages I havn't read is slowly starting to decrease, after this week I will probably increase the studying time. I'm lucky if it'll be a 50-50 split since reading about how people go about their studying and what they study and how long and when they study....etc. is just as interesting to me at this point.

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

At least I can say that part of the time on the forum is to read and copy the personal messages about the D'Ooge key. It is progressing steadily!<br /><br />Ingrid

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Weekdays:<br />6 hours of Greek on my own, 1.5 with tutor - this per day<br />Weekends:<br />however long it takes over the 2 days to get tutor's assigned work finished<br /><br />...which is why I don't post as often as I'd like!<br /><br />Then again, I'm working intensively for a reason, and this heavy schedule only goes through to the end of Nov...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

It may be said that I do be a somewhat casual student despite the frequent analyses of my zealousness. <br /><br />Perhaps 30-60 minutes per day. Sometimes 2 hours if I think myself to have to continue. Usually from 1 am to 3 am is when I study for this amount of time but seldom happens that.<br /><br />I LOVES making my own homeworkses.

Lumen_et_umbra
Textkit Member

Post by Lumen_et_umbra »

My study time in relation to my time on the TextKit forms is incommensurate to my goal. (which is to become absolutely fluent in Latin and in Greek.)<br /><br />oops! :P :D

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

I would say that about half my time on textkit is also study time.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />I find that I spend a little more time on Textkit than actual book studying because it's quicker to tackle threads on Textkit a little at a time while I'm at work, whereas I need a good chunk of uninterrupted quiet study time for book studying which is quite rare to come by. However, as I am also learning a lot on Textkit, I like to think of my Textkit time as a part sf my "study" time, it's just not book study time. Is there a difference?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

You can call it "living learning." When I was still under my cover school (I'm over the legal age now, so we don't have to be under it any more-yay!) there were a certain number of days in the year that you could use as "living learning," i.e., days when you weren't studying on books, but were working with your parents or visiting local industries...the homeschooling equivalent of a field trip, really. You will never stop learning, no matter how old you are or where you are, but at the same time, watching ants walk across the grass under your hammock can hardly be called studying, even if you are learning biology in the process! ;D