Textkit T-Shirt Color

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:Textkit T-Shirt Color

Post by Episcopus »

(sorry Jeff, purely for productive purposes)<br /><br />I still say "DIC DUC FAC YOU"

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4121 date=1061072300]<br />(sorry Jeff, purely for productive purposes)<br /><br />I still say "DIC DUC FAC YOU"<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Doesn't offend me... when pronounced correctly it sounds nothing like what you are implying :P
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I happen to like salmon, both the fish and the color...I never eat sushi, though. I like salmon canned. Yum, yum! It's good for the brain, too-lots of DMAE. <br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4124 date=1061074951]<br />Doesn't offend me... when pronounced correctly it sounds nothing like what you are implying :P<br />[/quote]<br /><br />How know-you, benissime, what I be implying given that it sounds nothing like what I supposedly want to imply? <br />And how is it pronounced? Nice piece of irregular verbility going on there : facio, facere, feci, factus.<br /><br />Ok I have another one but it's too rude and I'm really like a four year old kid who has just discovered naughty words. Sorry.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4140 date=1061078533]<br />[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4124 date=1061074951]<br />Doesn't offend me... when pronounced correctly it sounds nothing like what you are implying :P<br />[/quote]<br /><br />How know-you, benissime, what I be implying given that it sounds nothing like what I supposedly want to imply? <br />And how is it pronounced? Nice piece of irregular verbility going on there : facio, facere, feci, factus.<br /><br />Ok I have another one but it's too rude and I'm really like a four year old kid who has just discovered naughty words. Sorry. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Please don't post it, even in Latin. If you start posting naughty words, my mom won't let me on-I won't let me on-and that would be so sad! I would miss Textkit. :'(<br /><br />Keesa

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4140 date=1061078533]<br />[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4124 date=1061074951]<br />Doesn't offend me... when pronounced correctly it sounds nothing like what you are implying :P<br />[/quote]<br /><br />How know-you, benissime, what I be implying given that it sounds nothing like what I supposedly want to imply? <br /><br />You know how I know ;o<br /><br />And how is it pronounced?<br /><br />Just a less drawn-out speaking of the long A<br /><br /> Nice piece of irregular verbility going on there : facio, facere, feci, factus.<br /><br />Facio is actually quite regular, a member of the Third Conjugation -io verbs.<br /><br />Ok I have another one but it's too rude and I'm really like a four year old kid who has just discovered naughty words. Sorry. <br /><br />I'm sure you can share it with me later ;o<br />[/quote]
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=45#4152 date=1061080137]<br />I'm sure you can share it with me later ;o<br />[/quote]<br /><br />That's what the private IM is for! ;D <br /><br />Keesa<br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4135 date=1061076386]<br />I happen to like salmon, both the fish and the color...I never eat sushi, though. I like salmon canned. Yum, yum! It's good for the brain, too-lots of DMAE. [/quote]<br /><br />I've never had canned salmon. And it's been over a decade since I last opened a can of tuna. Why do canned when there's fresh?<br /><br />What's this DMAE that is good for the brain? I could use more of it... ;D<br /><br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4140 date=1061078533]<br />Ok I have another one but it's too rude and I'm really like a four year old kid who has just discovered naughty words. Sorry. [/quote]<br /><br />Let's keep the forum Rated-PG, shall we?<br /><br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=433;start=45#4167 date=1061087732]<br />I've never had canned salmon. And it's been over a decade since I last opened a can of tuna. Why do canned when there's fresh? <br /><br />There's only one good reason, but for me, it's a very appealing one; the canned is cheaper. ;D It's either eat canned salmon, or eat salmon not at all...the canned isn't as good as fresh, but it's still good! <br /><br />What's this DMAE that is good for the brain? I could use more of it... ;D<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />I forget what DMAE stands for, but it's a substance-I think it's a natural chemical, but I can't remember-that actually strengthens your brain cells and helps them work better, faster, stronger, smarter. It's found in most fish, but salmon has the most of it. <br /><br />Keesa

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=433;start=45#4168 date=1061087909]<br /> <br />Let's keep the forum Rated-PG, shall we?<br /><br /><br />[/quote]<br />Thank you

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4144 date=1061079255]<br />Please don't post it, even in Latin. If you start posting naughty words, my mom won't let me on-I won't let me on-and that would be so sad! I would miss Textkit. :'(<br /><br />Keesa<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Hey I said myself to not be about to post it! Calm down!<br />I've forgotten it now anyhow so it can not have been that good.<br /><br />benissime, -io verbs of the 3rd are irregular for me, although many follow this pattern. I mean what's wrong with iacebant? why iaciebant? why

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Perhaps the Romans didn't like iacebant?

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=433;start=15#3851 date=1060805631]<br />The t-shirt transfer paper is a simpler solution, but it's also one that doesn't float my boat. :(<br />[/quote]<br />I, on the other hand, think that the transfer idea is ideal. I love t-shirts, they are my clothing preference, along with a good pair of flare jeans, and to be able to have t-shirts from texkit? Wonderful! I think that's the best way to go. :)(Please, no one kill me) :-\

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

nam te interfeci >:(

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=433;start=45#4195 date=1061121278]<br />Perhaps the Romans didn't like iacebant? <br />[/quote]<br /><br />they did: iacebant means "they were lying down". iace:re (2nd conj). = lie down; iacere (3rd conj.) = throw.<br /><br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Funky ;D<br /><br />iacère - to lie down, iacere - to hurl/throw

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=45#4216 date=1061131717]<br />nam te interfeci >:(<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I sincerely hope this means, "I will not kill you." (Either that or Do not interfere?) Hehe. I am still very new at this...<br /><br />Keesa

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=433;start=45#4178 date=1061117270]<br />I forget what DMAE stands for, but it's a substance-I think it's a natural chemical, but I can't remember-that actually strengthens your brain cells and helps them work better, faster, stronger, smarter. It's found in most fish, but salmon has the most of it. [/quote]<br /><br />Sounds like you need to eat more salmon to get more DMAE so you'll remember what "DMAE" stands for. ;) <br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

What an excellent idea! Bring on the salmon! <br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I meant to say iam te interfeci - already I have killed you ;)<br />Typing error I say! 'twas late!

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=60#4325 date=1061218860]<br />I meant to say iam te interfeci - already I have killed you ;)<br />Typing error I say! 'twas late!<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Oh, well, that's all right then. Only since she's not dead, of course, but quite all right. ;)<br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Only joking, by the way ;)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

You'd pretty well have to be joking...she's still alive! ;) <br /><br />Keesa

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

At least I think I am... :P

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

You are. You threw your laundry down on my head again the other night; a sure sign. ;D It included that white t-shirt that would look so lovely with a Textkit logo, so this makes and excellent bridge back to the original topic... ;) <br /><br />Keesa

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I see from the stats that black is still first with 6 votes and blue comes in second with 4 votes. Since blue comes in numerous shades, I have to wonder which shade of blue you guys would choose. Personally, I'd go for a navy blue. I have several light blue shirts too, but I find that the darker colors flatter me best.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I look good in darker colors, but I like the look of lighter colors...hehe. Well, I would say a rich, bright, sparkling blue, something like the color of our skies on a clear autumn day, crisp and beautiful, dark enough to look good on me, but light enough to still be attractive. <br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=433;start=60#4587 date=1061464819]<br />I look good<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Bit self-obsessed there Keesa?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Naturally! ;D<br /><br />No, not really. It's just that that happens to be one of the things I look at, when picking a shirt...whether it looks good on me. :P <br /><br />Keesa

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I prefer black. If you want to know which shade of blue I would wear, it would be so dark as to appear black to all but the most acutely sensorily gifted.<br /><br />As a final note, do not abase Keesa for her mild self-complement, for I consider myself the Adonis.

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Benissimus:<br />As a final note, do not abase Keesa for her mild self-complement, for I consider myself the Adonis. <br /><br />Adonis? Argh, groan etc. etc. ok fair enough since I would go with black myself.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Yes benissimus is the chief playa on the california beaches with his dazzling black shirt all the honeys flock to him.<br /><br />Seriously, he told me!

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I'm going to have to side with Episcopus on that one. 8)

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=60#4666 date=1061556019]<br />Yes benissimus is the chief playa on the california beaches with his dazzling black shirt all the honeys flock to him.<br /><br />Seriously, he told me!<br />[/quote]<br /><br />You make him sound like a classical surfer dude! So does he wear the black T-shirt over the toga when he hits the waves? ;D<br /><br />Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

When on the beach, incapacitated by the females, he speaks no Latin and becomes a normal california guy: "you girls is hot" ignoring even the simplest english grammar in order to "reportare feminas". This is something at which the normal Steven would be disgusted. But even Cicero was different with women. If he ever came into less than 100m apart contact with them...

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Dang foo', u gots me pegged.

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=75#4706 date=1061590285]<br />But even Cicero was different with women. If he ever came into less than 100m apart contact with them...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />.... Cicero was married to a person that everyone in general considered an overbearing shrew, and who pretty much terrorized him until he finally got around to divorcing her.<br /><br />He was pretty wrapped around his daughter's finger, though....<br /><br />Okay, you're right - Cicero developed severe terror in the presence of women - or, at least, his wife....<br /><br />And his brother's wife wasn't much better, even if she was his best friend's sister.....<br /><br />Apparently Cicero had really bad luck with the girls....<br /><br />Kilmeny

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Cicero was too old to be lady-hunting anyways, unlike Episcopus and me ;o

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

If I had been Cicero, I would have remained free and employed slave girls aplenty...(has an idea for a Latin spoken film in Roman times: "The unrecorded antics of Cicero")...but I suppose you can not have a really beautiful ancillam who is capable of learning latin... :-\ but if I find her I will marry her!<br />Would the Pope welcome a whole film in the language of the Vatican albeit somewhat unsuitable at times? <br /><br />benissime, you'd pick an iota subscript over anna kournikova!<br />Such is your zeal. <br /><br />Lady hunting in South Wales! The "ladies" hunt you! And they do be scary. But France in a few days ;D <br /><br />Back to the T-Shirt topic, why black? I suppose it may be good for the Greek one with a classic "suck my upsilon" or an attention grabbing line not quite so un-creative ;)... "Textkit - ßeta than the rest" :-X<br /><br />Please, everyone make up cheap slogans! <br /> <br /><br />