Textkit Logo

Textkit Time and Study Time

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Textkit Time and Study Time

Postby bingley » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:50 am

So which one is true for you? Are you really studying or is keeping up with the number of messages starting to eat into your study time?
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Textkit Time and Study Time

Postby Carola » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:16 am

I have to admit I use Texkit when I want a break from work, but study time is sacred and not to be used for anything else (like housework, paying bills, cooking....). Study also gives me an excuse for getting out of unwanted social engagements ("So sorry I can't come and help out at your twins' second birthday party - I have an assignment to finish"). I even read Latin in bed at night - who needs a sleeping tablet when a few pages of Caesar's Civil Wars can send you into deep unconciousness?
phpbb
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Keesa » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:48 am

I'm only allowed on the Internet before or after business hours, so that (naturally) limits the time I can spend on the Forums. However, since I downloaded dear Dr. D'Ooge (what alliteration!) I can study him whenever I want to...<br /><br />Keesa
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Postby MDS » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:08 am

The volume of messages I havn't read is slowly starting to decrease, after this week I will probably increase the studying time. I'm lucky if it'll be a 50-50 split since reading about how people go about their studying and what they study and how long and when they study....etc. is just as interesting to me at this point.
MDS
Textkit Fan

Postby ingrid70 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:24 pm

At least I can say that part of the time on the forum is to read and copy the personal messages about the D'Ooge key. It is progressing steadily!<br /><br />Ingrid
phpbb
ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Raya » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:57 pm

Weekdays:<br />6 hours of Greek on my own, 1.5 with tutor - this per day<br />Weekends:<br />however long it takes over the 2 days to get tutor's assigned work finished<br /><br />...which is why I don't post as often as I'd like!<br /><br />Then again, I'm working intensively for a reason, and this heavy schedule only goes through to the end of Nov...
phpbb
Raya
Textkit Fan

Postby Episcopus » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:45 pm

It may be said that I do be a somewhat casual student despite the frequent analyses of my zealousness. <br /><br />Perhaps 30-60 minutes per day. Sometimes 2 hours if I think myself to have to continue. Usually from 1 am to 3 am is when I study for this amount of time but seldom happens that.<br /><br />I LOVES making my own homeworkses.
phpbb
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Postby Lumen_et_umbra » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:33 pm

My study time in relation to my time on the TextKit forms is incommensurate to my goal. (which is to become absolutely fluent in Latin and in Greek.)<br /><br />oops! :P :D
phpbb
Lumen_et_umbra
Textkit Member

Postby Bert » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:15 am

I would say that about half my time on textkit is also study time.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Postby mariek » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:11 am

<br />I find that I spend a little more time on Textkit than actual book studying because it's quicker to tackle threads on Textkit a little at a time while I'm at work, whereas I need a good chunk of uninterrupted quiet study time for book studying which is quite rare to come by. However, as I am also learning a lot on Textkit, I like to think of my Textkit time as a part sf my "study" time, it's just not book study time. Is there a difference?
mariek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keesa » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:22 pm

You can call it "living learning." When I was still under my cover school (I'm over the legal age now, so we don't have to be under it any more-yay!) there were a certain number of days in the year that you could use as "living learning," i.e., days when you weren't studying on books, but were working with your parents or visiting local industries...the homeschooling equivalent of a field trip, really. You will never stop learning, no matter how old you are or where you are, but at the same time, watching ants walk across the grass under your hammock can hardly be called studying, even if you are learning biology in the process! ;D
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Return to Open Board