Italian Grammar For The Beginner

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Italian Grammar For The Beginner

Post by Episcopus »

I intend to learn Greek (JWW) within the next couple of years at least up to intermediate level; however I think myself presently to be incapable of doing thus. For, accompanied by Latin, it would be too intense.<br />I want to learn Italian this year also. Knows anyone, of a beginners Italian Grammar (accompanied by exercises and vocabulary). <br />I find Dr. Benjamin L. D'Ooge's grammar so simple, so compact with its welcome want of beef (unnecessary meat). <br />I wish that I might have something similar so that I be able to learn Italian comforted by the knowledge that my desk is not about to collapse.<br /><br />Anyone, please? I really do beg you!<br /><br />ab Episcopõ<br /> <br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Italian Grammar For The Beginner

Post by Keesa »

I don't know of anything yet, but I am always bumping into language learning resources; if I find anything for Italian, I'll let you know! <br /><br />Keesa

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Here's a reference grammar if you are interested: http://www.orbilat.com/Modern_Romance/I ... index.html

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Thanks guys, but I suppose there is no Italian version of textkit nor can I find a good beginner's italian grammar anywhere... :'(

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

I suppose you've tripped over this site?<br /><br />http://www.knowledgehound.com/topics/language.htm<br /><br />The "Ciao - An Italian Language Course" looks like it might have some potential....<br />http://home.uwnet.nl/%7Evita/italian/le ... an.html<br /><br />If not, the main site has some more Latin links on it.....<br /><br />Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Thanks milito, but I need a book; I'll find one if I see any good grammars around...they have a habit of naturally finding me when the time is right. <br /><br />However thanks to you I found something that I fully understood so it gave me self confidence! The ancient mother tongue! <br />(Although I can't write it, will one day though) <br />Click on the .wavs<br /><br />http://www.tacentral.com/language/language.asp

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

If you do find a good Italian grammar, let me know. I'd like to learn it...later. ;D<br /><br />Keesa

Lumen_et_umbra
Textkit Member

Post by Lumen_et_umbra »

I have a great one for you! <br /><br />ITALIAN: Verbs & Essentials of Grammar by Carlo Graziano<br /><br />It goes quickly, is advanced, and basically teaches you everything you could want to know, without patronizing!<br /><br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=Lumen_et_umbra link=board=6;threadid=473;start=0#4212 date=1061129509]<br />I have a great one for you! <br /><br />ITALIAN: Verbs & Essentials of Grammar by Carlo Graziano<br /><br />It goes quickly, is advanced, and basically teaches you everything you could want to know, without patronizing!<br /><br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Thankyou ever so much! This one looks excellent! ;)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I'll keep that in mind for later. It does look promising...but I think I'm doing enough for now. ;D<br /><br />Keesa

Lumen_et_umbra
Textkit Member

Post by Lumen_et_umbra »

By the way, as with all instuctional texts, you may want to supplement it with another - in order to get a richer understanding. Also, do not buy the old 1986 funky version, buy the newest edition with blue, yellow, black, and red on the cover (not the one with white and red).<br /><br />This is mostly for aethetic reasons... Hey, I am just that shallow. :P<br /><br />On a serious note, however, the newer version has been edited extensively.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Hey, if you're going to learn, you might as well learn out of a good-looking book! (If at all possible, of course.) <br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

argh! I can only find the old one on amazon.co.uk!
Is it really that much worse than the modern one?

For I am considering the new Hugo Italian in three months...they are quite good...