Byzantine Majority textform - Maurice Robinson

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Geoff
Textkit Fan

Byzantine Majority textform - Maurice Robinson

Post by Geoff »

This was reported on another list recently.

Maurice Robinson arrived at ETS in Valley Forge with some just-off-the-press copies of the new bound edition of his and (the late) William G. Pierpont's THE NEW TESTAMENT IN THE ORIGINAL GREEK - BYZANTINE TEXTFORM 2005. ISBN-10: 0-7598-0077-4. ISBN-13: 978-0-7598-0077-9. List price $17.95. This has the M-P Majority Text, with all NA-27 variants in a lower apparatus, and Byzantine variants in the side margin. That's all it has for textual variants, but for those interested in an inexpensive nicely-bound and easy-to-read Greek NT Text that allows them to compare NA-27 with what M-P considers to be a consensus Byzantine text, this might fill the bill. It has a red slipcover, but the hardback itself is an elegant looking dark red with black contrast around the spine and gold decorations and lettering. Plus, it has a black ribbon page marker. There were a few copies at ETS that could be had for $9.00. Approx. size: 6.5" x 9.5" x 1.4".

http://www.chiltonpublishing.com

I wonder if it has accents. Its not on Amazon, and I haven't heard back from Chilton yet, but I'm pretty excited!

Geoff

JulianJ
Textkit Neophyte

Post by JulianJ »

That sounds like a very useful volume.

What is ETS?

Is the apparatus in NA27 format?

Julian

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

ETS=Evangelical Theological Society

They hold a national conference every year....right after ETS is SBL.....Society of Biblical Literature. ETS is primarily Evangelicals and Conservatives....SBL runs the gamut....it also has some very respectable scholars that show up (ETS does too....but not the Jewish and Latin Scholars like SBL).

I was lucky enough to go to San Antonio year before last, but I didn't hit Philadelphia this year....maybe San Diego next year if the cards fall right. It's an incredible time, and you are rubbing elbows with some very well known and published scholars....kinda like a Geeks version of the Hall of Fame :)