the high resolution printer friendly format of Pharr

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
philplus
Textkit Neophyte

the high resolution printer friendly format of Pharr

Post by philplus »

I read from its downloading page that "A high resolution, 16.5 MB, printer friendly format is also available for download", but can't find it.
Could anyone tell me where it is? I don't think I can go though this book on the screen...Thanks.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re: the high resolution printer friendly format of Pharr

Post by benissimus »

philplus wrote:I read from its downloading page that "A high resolution, 16.5 MB, printer friendly format is also available for download", but can't find it.
Could anyone tell me where it is? I don't think I can go though this book on the screen...Thanks.
there should be three download links on the page; the paper-saver version is the bottom one.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Catellus Non Erat Poeta
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Catellus Non Erat Poeta »

I bet you thought you'd never see this thread again.

I, too, wish to find a "high resolution, printer friendly" format of this PDF. The above link is dead; is there a live link to this PDF? What, exactly, is a "high resolution, printer friendly" PDF, anyway?

jk0592
Textkit Member

Post by jk0592 »

Actually, there is on GoogleBooks a 19 meg pdf of Pharr. And you can find from it the few pages missing from textkit rendition of Pharr's book.

Arvid
Textkit Member

Post by Arvid »

There's a 9 MB download that's better; I can't spot any difference in resolution, and the 19 MB copy looks like it was in a fire.

Catellus Non Erat Poeta
Textkit Neophyte

Thank you.

Arvid
Textkit Member

Post by Arvid »

By the way: "high-resolution, printer-friendly" means it's two pages per sheet in landscape mode so as to use half the paper, and sharp enough to be readable that way.

Catellus Non Erat Poeta
Textkit Neophyte

I printed the version on this site with two pages per page, alternating orientation so if I open my binder vertically, I can see four pages at once. The text is a little small, but readable.