A belated introduction of myself.

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Lumen_et_umbra
Textkit Member

A belated introduction of myself.

Post by Lumen_et_umbra »

Hi, I hadn't greeted any of you before I simply began writing irritating post after irritating post; I am David Walker. It is nice meeting all of you. I hope that the inordinate amount of time that I anticpate I will be spending here will be justifiable in some wise. I hope we, all of us sharing the same (or similar) esoteric pursuits, get along famously.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:A belated introduction of myself.

Post by mariek »

<br />Welcome! <br /><br />It appears as though you're reading some advanced text. How long have you been studying Latin?<br />

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Welcome to Textkit. Enjoy your time here. :)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome! I hope you like it here; I certainly do! <br /><br />Keesa

Lumen_et_umbra
Textkit Member

Post by Lumen_et_umbra »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=459;start=0#3774 date=1060757716]<br /><br />Welcome! <br /><br />It appears as though you're reading some advanced text. How long have you been studying Latin?<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />I bought Wheelock's Latin about 9 months ago, however, it was no more than a very casual hobby (in that I would read it once a week or every two weeks), until, about a two week ago, when my zeal for learning latin was rejuvenated, and I couldn't get enough of it and subsequently, about 2-3 days ago, found this Latin/Greek forum.<br /><br />P.S. Thank you for your kind welcomings.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=Lumen_et_umbra link=board=6;threadid=459;start=0#3758 date=1060747936]<br /> I hope we, all of us sharing the same (or similar) esoteric pursuits, get along famously.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />This reminds me of what C. S. Lewis said, in his book The Four Loves. He defines friends as those who have something in common, a shared pursuit or goal. (That's not a word-for-word quote, by the way, although it's close.) <br /><br />By that definition, the some 400+ of you here on Textkit, whom I've never met face-to-face before (with the obvious exception of my little sister) are actually more my friends than some of the friends I've known for years....what a thought! <br /><br />Keesa