IB Classical Greek HL

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Raya
Textkit Fan

IB Classical Greek HL

Post by Raya »

I'm (privately) studying the International Baccalaureate higher-level classical Greek course, intending to take the exams in May 2004 - and I was just wondering if anybody else here had any information about it (apart from what's in the Subject Guide and Vade Mecum). I'm especially curious if anyone has seen (or even better, knows where I can obtain ;)) past exam papers, and can give me some idea of what sorts of questions come up...<br /><br />I'd appreciate any info - thanks!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:IB Classical Greek HL

Post by Episcopus »

If this course be the equivalent of A Level then I may be able to obtain some past papers. <br /><br />Do you take AS and then A2 (in UK each course is 1 year and they combine to make the full A Level) or just one whole course? <br /><br />If you were not always diving offline whenever I come onto msn I could help you ;)

Raya
Textkit Fan

Re:IB Classical Greek HL

Post by Raya »

Well - the IB is considered A-level equivalent, but no, the papers are not in the same style as A-levels at all! We have 2 written papers (taken in one sitting) as well as internal assessment - an oral presentation, in my case.<br /><br />Thanks for the offer of help, though!<br /><br />(I dive offline whenever you come on? ???)