Helpful(I hope)Hint

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Helpful(I hope)Hint

Post by Puella Parva »

Something I do to help me learn, is copying what I'm working on. For example, my Bible Study is nothing but copying, word for word, the entire Bible. I'm going to try this with Latin (as soon as I've learned a little more), but I'm going to use a slight twist. I'm going to find one of my favorite books, and copy it in into Latin. (If there is any reason why this would be a strange and completely wacky waste of my time, feel free to tell me. I might listen then again I might not :P.) I hope this will help someone. :)

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Helpful(I hope)Hint

Post by ingrid70 »

Funny. I was thinking of translating the books of my kids into Latin. I haven't started yet, so I don't yet know what "the ever hungry caterpillar' would be in Latin :).<br /><br />Ingrid

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=ingrid70 link=board=6;threadid=425;start=0#3337 date=1060530083]<br />Funny. I was thinking of translating the books of my kids into Latin. I haven't started yet, so I don't yet know what "the ever hungry caterpillar' would be in Latin :). [/quote]<br /><br />Don't forget to publish your work so that millions of other Latin students can buy books other than Winnie the Pooh, Asterix, and Harry Potter. :) <br /><br />

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

[quote author=ingrid70 link=board=6;threadid=425;start=0#3337 date=1060530083]<br /> "the ever hungry caterpillar'<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Eruca semper esuriens. I know a fable entitled ursus esuriens, "the hungry bear".

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

[quote author=Skylax link=board=6;threadid=425;start=0#3369 date=1060543381]<br />[quote author=ingrid70 link=board=6;threadid=425;start=0#3337 date=1060530083]<br /> "the ever hungry caterpillar'<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Eruca semper esuriens. I know a fable entitled ursus esuriens, "the hungry bear".<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Thanks. That's one sentence done :).<br /><br />Ingrid

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Winnie the Pooh is also in Latin? :o This I did not know!

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Yep, there's a Latin version of Winnie the Pooh, it's called Winine Ille Pu.<br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Oh, dear...another thing to look for! Another book to buy... My pocket book will be very sad! :'( <br /><br />(Which will make me very happy! ;D) <br /><br />Keesa

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=425;start=0#3487 date=1060600533]<br />Oh, dear...another thing to look for! Another book to buy... My pocket book will be very sad! :'( <br />Keesa<br />[/quote]<br /><br />No, no, no.... This is what brothers are for! My very terrific kid brother (who has been taller than me since he was three....) and his wife gave me "Winni ille Pu" for Christmas one year when I first started learning Latin.....<br /><br />Kilmeny

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Oooh, that's a good idea! Except...my older brother is already in college, and even broker (more broke?) than I am...<br /> ;D<br />Keesa

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

[quote author=Milito link=board=6;threadid=425;start=0#3536 date=1060615529]<br /><br /> My very terrific kid brother (who has been taller than me since he was three....) Kilmeny<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I'm taller than my older sister...is it a habit we younglings get into?? ;D