I finished yesterday chapter 35!

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Jimmym
Textkit Neophyte

I finished yesterday chapter 35!

Post by Jimmym »

Hi all Just wanted to let you know I finished with my Pastor chapter 35 yesterday. Four started, and two finished Praise God I was one that finished. :)
I encourage you all to finish Bill Mounce's book especially if your discouraged with how intence this course is and you think you'll never be able to do it. I pray for you all to finish what you started, and may you all go on to really get & understand Biblical Koine Greek, if that is your goal.
Best to all!
Jimmy Montesano
47 year old student
living in NJ
8)

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Congratulations.
What's next?

Jimmym
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Jimmym »

I am with my Pastor going to go over the book, 2 chapters a week, 3 to 4 months. I need it, it was just pile on top of pile of information, that we need to run through again.
Then I'll most likely do the summer graded reader then Bill's graded reader and possibly the third year book by the other teacher, I forget his name. It's the 3rd book in the series. Oh it's Wallace's Greek grammer.
I hope I just get through the BBG book again to refresh the book to start with anyhow.
Thanks for asking
Jimmy Montesano

calvinist
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by calvinist »

Hi, congratulations on finishing the textbook! I just finished going through it a couple months ago. I would recommend starting the summer greek reader as soon as possible. That's what I did, and I think it's really the best way to drill in what you've learned since you deal with very simple texts and you don't have to learn very much new vocabulary. I didn't read through the entire textbook a second time, but I sat down and read through the summaries of each chapter. When I came across something that I drew a blank on I read the text on that (participles). Also, you could look into buying the Reader's Greek NT by Zondervan, it's just the Greek text with all words occuring less than 30 times defined on the bottom of the pages. The only bad thing about it is that it uses a poor italic font that's hard to get used to. Anyway, whatever you do, just be consistent and try to read the text as much as you can since that's the best way to retain what you've learned and pick up more advanced grammar inductively. Just remember, δοξαζε θεον.