Verne in Latin-spinoff from "Nemo"

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Verne in Latin-spinoff from "Nemo"

Post by Keesa »

On the subject of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," does anyone know if any of Jules Verne's books were ever translated into Latin? <br /><br />Keesa

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Re:Verne in Latin-spinoff from "Nemo"

Post by Puella Parva »

I'm not sure, but I SURE hope so!

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I must admit that I haven't yet read it in English.<br /><br />Would it be easier to read a book in Latin if you already have the gist of it from reading it in English first?<br /><br />BTW, thanks for creating these new "spinoff" posts here on the Open Board. I'm sure Jeff appreciates this very much.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=426;start=0#3362 date=1060541422]<br />I must admit that I haven't yet read it in English. <br /><br />It's good, but it was a little complicated to follow the first time I read it...I was only nine or ten, so that might have had something to do with it. ;) There were, as I remember, a lot of technical explanations in it, and I almost gave up on it a time or two. <br /><br />Would it be easier to read a book in Latin if you already have the gist of it from reading it in English first?<br /><br />I think it is. "L'Histoire du Pierre Lapin" made ever so much sense after I read "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"! ;D<br /><br />BTW, thanks for creating these new "spinoff" posts here on the Open Board. I'm sure Jeff appreciates this very much. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />I'm glad to do it...it's no trouble, and it is helpful. <br /><br />Keesa