Jokes Board anyone?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
vinobrien
Textkit Member

Jokes Board anyone?

Post by vinobrien »

How about a jokes board - classic jokes twitching into posthumous life through classical languages?<br />Here's one I heard the other day...<br /><br />homo qui male tussit in tabernam medicamentariam ingreditur, accedit ad mensam, petitque pharmacopolam. cui venditor juvenis dicit pharmacopolam usui non esse. homo a venditore juveni quaerit num aliquid tussiculare commendare possit. venditor ei tradit ampullam medicamenti pro tusse. emptor<br />magnum haustum sibi sumit, tum post paucis minutis, nullo solatio senso, alterum sumit, dein tertium. <br /><br />brevi pharmacopola revertitur, veterem amicum emptorem tussedine laborantem videt qui tranquille in saepto sedet prope suggestum ad leves potiones distribuendas. venditori dicit ille amicum suum numquam antea demoratum esse ad suggestum. venditor se jactans pharmacopolae narrat de commendatione sua. pharmacopola ampullam medicamenti aspicit irateque venditorem objurgat qui medicinam purgativam pro liquamine tussiculari commendaverit. venditor autem pharmacopolam commonefacit medicamen, quocumque modo, efficacem fuisse. cui pharmacopola "haudquaquam," respondet, "nunc timet tussire!"<br /><br />It's the way I tell 'em!

Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Re:Jokes Board anyone?

Post by Elucubrator »

Hey Vince!<br /><br />If you are going to write these up like this, I think the perfect place for them would be the up and coming Latin and Greek board!!!<br /><br />-S.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

I can't claim to understand those - I'm not a Latinist. ??? OOOH!!!<br /><br />Humour on these boards is a brilliant idea! But as for a separate section dedicated to it, I'm not sure... I mean, humour can come into everything - from introductions to learning the classical languages to discussing philosophy (go sophists! ;D) - and to create a separate section would give the impression that one had to be serious all the time on the other boards...

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

[quote author=Raya link=board=6;threadid=78;start=0#344 date=1051731176]<br /> - and to create a separate section would give the impression that one had to be serious all the time on the other boards...<br />[/quote]<br />Good point, I think we should just be able to toss humor out when it comes...I might forget a really good joke if I had to go to a separate forum to post it. ;)