Latin Library

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Latin Library

Post by Keesa »

The site www.thelatinlibrary.com looks like a really interesting one-it has several books, by Livy, Cicero, Ovid, etc., in Latin. The trouble is, I can't read them yet...so I don't know if they're good copies or not. ;D <br /><br />Keesa

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re:Latin Library

Post by benissimus »

Oh yeah, I love that site! 8)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=16;threadid=415;start=0#3212 date=1060437558]<br />The site www.thelatinlibrary.com looks like a really interesting one-it has several books, by Livy, Cicero, Ovid, etc., in Latin. The trouble is, I can't read them yet...so I don't know if they're good copies or not. ;D <br /><br />Keesa<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Well, thus far, their version of Cicero's "De Officiis" is word-for-word with the Oxford University Press hard-copy I've also got.....<br /><br />Kilmeny

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Wonderful! Now I really want to learn Latin... ;)<br /><br />Keesa <br />

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

I have got stuck a couple of times reading Cornelius Nepos' potted biographies of famous people on thelatinlibrary, and both times submitted the problem to textkit, only to find that they were typos. So be warned.