Textkit Logo

Latin Library

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Latin Library

Postby Keesa » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:59 pm

The site www.thelatinlibrary.com looks like a really interesting one-it has several books, by Livy, Cicero, Ovid, etc., in Latin. The trouble is, I can't read them yet...so I don't know if they're good copies or not. ;D <br /><br />Keesa
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Latin Library

Postby benissimus » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:51 pm

Oh yeah, I love that site! 8)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae
benissimus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Milito » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:35 pm

[quote author=Keesa link=board=16;threadid=415;start=0#3212 date=1060437558]<br />The site www.thelatinlibrary.com looks like a really interesting one-it has several books, by Livy, Cicero, Ovid, etc., in Latin. The trouble is, I can't read them yet...so I don't know if they're good copies or not. ;D <br /><br />Keesa<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Well, thus far, their version of Cicero's "De Officiis" is word-for-word with the Oxford University Press hard-copy I've also got.....<br /><br />Kilmeny
phpbb
Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Keesa » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:46 pm

Wonderful! Now I really want to learn Latin... ;)<br /><br />Keesa <br />
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Postby bingley » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:01 am

I have got stuck a couple of times reading Cornelius Nepos' potted biographies of famous people on thelatinlibrary, and both times submitted the problem to textkit, only to find that they were typos. So be warned.
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Return to Open Board