Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
rusty_mason
Textkit Neophyte

Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Post by rusty_mason »

Is anyone else having problems viewing D'ooge's _Latin for Beginners_? In IE 5.0 it doesn't even show up, in IE 6.0 it just hangs, and if I try to download it using standalone Acrobat 4.0 or 5.0, it apparently downloads the whole file but then fails at the very end. <br /><br />Roberticus

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re:Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi there,<br /><br />I tested the file with both IE browsers and also Mozilla - everything checked out ok. I would suggest first trying to dowload the file before opening it. This will remove the browser from the equation and you can then see if its a problem with Acrobat Reader.<br /><br />As far as the file terminating download right before it ends - i didn't experience that but its possible there was congestion on the server. <br /><br />- hope this helps <br /><br />jeff<br />jeff@textkit.com<br /><br />
Textkit Founder

rusty_mason
Textkit Neophyte

Re:Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Post by rusty_mason »

OK, I'm using another computer, and it downloads just fine now. I think it was a combination of the browser/acrobat version and heavy traffic.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Rusty