Textkit Logo

Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Postby rusty_mason » Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:13 pm

Is anyone else having problems viewing D'ooge's _Latin for Beginners_? In IE 5.0 it doesn't even show up, in IE 6.0 it just hangs, and if I try to download it using standalone Acrobat 4.0 or 5.0, it apparently downloads the whole file but then fails at the very end. <br /><br />Roberticus
phpbb
rusty_mason
Textkit Neophyte

Re:Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Postby Jeff Tirey » Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:23 pm

Hi there,<br /><br />I tested the file with both IE browsers and also Mozilla - everything checked out ok. I would suggest first trying to dowload the file before opening it. This will remove the browser from the equation and you can then see if its a problem with Acrobat Reader.<br /><br />As far as the file terminating download right before it ends - i didn't experience that but its possible there was congestion on the server. <br /><br />- hope this helps <br /><br />jeff<br />jeff@textkit.com<br /><br />
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Re:Latin for Beginners (D'ooge)

Postby rusty_mason » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:14 pm

OK, I'm using another computer, and it downloads just fine now. I think it was a combination of the browser/acrobat version and heavy traffic.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Rusty
phpbb
rusty_mason
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Latin