Am I Losing My Mind?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Am I Losing My Mind?

Post by Milito »

(Okay, there are some who would say that that happened a long time ago....)<br /><br />I could have sworn that there was a board called "Textkit News" where Jeff would post when new books went up, or other things happened on the site.... except that it's not there now, so did I imagine it?<br /><br />The reason I wonder is that I thought that that was where the new "Tutorials" area on the main menu bar was announced.... And since the Latin tutorial section reads "There are currently no Latin tutorials - submit one", I was wondering what sort of Latin tutorials people might be interested in seeing submitted.....<br /><br />Kilmeny

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Am I Losing My Mind?

Post by ingrid70 »

If you are, so am I. It was above the Open Board, I think...<br /><br />Ingrid<br /><br />ah...us veteran Textkit users, reminiscing about lost boards

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Nope - you are sane.<br /><br />I deleted those boards because they weren't being read all that much. I add, tinker, delete things trying to find out what works.<br /><br />The Open Board gets WAY more traffic than those announcement boards, so that's where I will do my tooting in the future.<br /><br />And yes, please submit a tutorial. Brief guidelines can be found here:<br /><br />http://www.textkit.com/tutorials/tutori ... ons.php<br /><br />thanks,<br />jeff<br />
Textkit Founder

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Also, so far no one has expressed interest in writing a Latin tutorial. So the slate is open for any topic you would like.<br /><br />There are a couple Greek tutorials in the pipeline however.<br /><br />thanks again,<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I hope you don't delete the Tutorials section before I learn something that I can write a Tutorial about! I'm a professional writer, and looking forward to sharing my knowledge-after I get it. However, as a beginner myself, I'm not sure that I know anything that would be of use to other beginners. ;)<br /><br />Keesa

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Hang on to your experience as a beginner, Keesa! One of the greatest problems - in ANY subject - is that the veterans know their material but forget how they learned it, and so have trouble explaining it to the newbies...<br /><br />A professional writer, eh? May I ask, what sort of writing?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

So far, the only thing I've had published is one article (it was published in Brio girl's magazine, though!). However, I have some children's books I'm working on writing, and some short stories that I'm working on having published. <br /><br />If anyone's interested, here's a link to the Brio article: <br />http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/spi ... 78.html<br /><br />And if you like it, feel free to tell me or Brio or both! :)<br /><br />Keesa