Keeping on topic

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Magistra
Textkit Member

Keeping on topic

Post by Magistra »

<br />Jeff, our moderator, wrote<br /><br />While there are many excellent educational threads in the forums that achieve this goal, there have been many posts on both the Greek and Latin boards that have steered off-topic of the original question or discussion.<br /><br />Please remember to keep your posts and discussions relevant to the original subject in the thread.<br /><br />Magistra says<br /><br />Many times we have gone on to other topics. "One thing leads to another" very easily, especially in a chatroom: which this is not. Not wanting to insult anyone (including myself), as a topic evolves into another, I guess it's only fair to the other TEXTKIT members to re-title it & start another thread.<br /><br />Jeff has the right idea -- people should know the topic when they "tune in". <br /> <br />Magistra

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Keeping on topic

Post by Keesa »

I agree. It's not all that difficult to start a new thread, and it makes it easier when you start a thread that may have been going on for a while before you came into it. <br /><br />Keesa

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Yes, I would appreciate your help with this issue, especially for threads that clearly ask well defined questions about learning Latin.<br /><br />Remember that when you ask and answer questions in the forum you are creating a valuable online F.A.Q. and help center for future learners. Your postings will ultimately be indexed by search engines and others will find and learn from this forum through the threads you help create. <br /><br />But too much off-topic postings really dilute the forum's ability to educate. Threads become harder to follow and also somewhat dull.<br /><br />Now I realize many topics can develop and they can logically lead from one thing to another (Socrates taught us that) and that's ok. But please ask yourself this question before posting, "Will my comment help answer the posted question or move the topic forward in an education manner that is related to the initial post." If it doesn't - then start a new thread. <br /><br />thanks for your help,<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

And if your comment is completely off the subject, but it's good enough that you want to put it in anyway-well, there's always paste and copy! :)<br /><br />Keesa