Interested

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
youngone14
Textkit Neophyte

Interested

Post by youngone14 »

HI i am interested in learning a view latin phraises. I go to a small school adn they do not offer latina s an alternaitve course. [EDITED BY ADMIN] ta ta 4 now :)

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Interested

Post by mariek »

<br />Hi YoungOne,<br /><br />Welcome to the Textkit forums. Have you had a chance to explore the site? You will find plethora of Latin learning materials. Click on the Learn Latin link above to see where this site has to offer. I've just started learning Latin and am working though a textbook I downloaded from this site, it's Benjamin L. D'Ooge's Latin for Beginners. I've found it to be pretty good and well organized. There are several of us here who are working though it, so we help each other out. :) <br />

Magistra
Textkit Member

Post by Magistra »

Optime!!! I'm so glad that you have joined us on our journey aolng the trails of learning Latin!<br /><br />If you haven't read the caveat, here it is:<br /><br />Textkit's Greek and Latin Forum was created to help visitors discuss and learn Ancient Greek and Latin.<br /><br />While there are many excellent educational threads in the forums that achieve this goal, there have been many posts on both the Greek and Latin boards that have steered off-topic of the original question or discussion.<br /><br />Please remember to keep your posts and discussions relevant to the original subject in the thread.<br /><br />Many times we have gone on to other topics -- "one thing leads to another" very easily, especillay in a chatroom, which this is not. Not wanting to insult anyone (including myself), as a topic evolves into another, I guess it's only fair to the other TEXTKIT members to re-title it & start another thread -- as I will do now.<br /><br />Magistra

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

What phrases did you want to learn? There are far more than I could count, so give me a topic ;)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae