Finding textkit

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Finding textkit

Post by bingley »

How did you find your way to Textkit?<br /><br />Just to start the ball rolling, I'll tell you that I found it recommended in the Perseus FAQ.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Finding textkit

Post by mariek »

<br />Googling

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Oh, thanks for posting this question. I've been wondering that myself too. I'm interested in learning how everyone found their way over here. I was tempted to ask the question in each new intro post.

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Found it through a link from another site. I don't recall which site that was though.

merytdjehuty
Textkit Neophyte

Post by merytdjehuty »

Greetings, <br />I found Textkit from another site, i think it was one of the about.com sites, ancient history or some such related topic.<br />Bright Blessings,<br />Merytdjehuty

Ptolemaios
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ptolemaios »

Googling for Goodwin's Syntax of the Greek moods and tenses.<br /><br />Ptolemaios

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I like this thread! It gives me clues as to how well my SEO techniques are going.<br /><br />Visitors who are looking for a specific book or author always have the best luck - Google has been very good to us. We rank very well for almost all our book titles.<br /><br />jeff.
Textkit Founder

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Searching for Latin Grammars (yahoo).

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

I was asking about greek grammars on the classics-l list and someone mentioned that I could download goodwin here...
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

I did a google search for "Latin Grammar" and this was about the first hit that came up.<br /><br />Kilmeny

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=333;start=0#2423 date=1059655071]<br />I like this thread! It gives me clues as to how well my SEO techniques are going. [/quote]<br /><br />What does SEO stand for? <br />

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=333;start=0#2467 date=1059695996]<br /><br />What does SEO stand for? <br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />I think he means "Search Engine Optimization."<br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I was looking for a Latin ebook of the first five books of Livy's History of Rome-on Google, I think. <br /><br />Keesa

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

It was recommended to me by someone from B-Greek, a Biblical Greek discussion group.

Borealis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Borealis »

The site was mentioned on the latinstudy mailing list; I don't remember what the initial post was talking about, but I checked out the site and decided to stay.<br />

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I believe I was searching for "Latin forum." There really aren't that many...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2626 date=1059958211]<br />I believe I was searching for "Latin forum." There really aren't that many...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I'm pretty happy with this one... no need to search further! :) <br />

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

Texkit was mentioned by "Le Café pédagogique", a French newsletter, on June 4.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Skylax link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2724 date=1060008875]<br />Texkit was mentioned by "Le Café pédagogique", a French newsletter, on June 4.<br />[/quote]<br />Is this the same newsletter you're referring to? http://www.cafepedagogique.net/<br /><br />

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

For me, a link from www.greek-language.com if I remember correctly...

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Raya link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2759 date=1060063545]<br />For me, a link from www.greek-language.com if I remember correctly...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I just tried substituting "latin" in place of "greek" in your url (viz. www.latin-language.com) and found a neat little site. I couldn't find a link to TextKit on it, so I emailed the webmaster about that. We'll see what happens...

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Maybe this post should be a sticky so that you can see where the new members are coming from?
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines earlier.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

mariek wrote:<br />Is this the same newsletter you're referring to? http://www.cafepedagogique.net/<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br />That looks like a neat site-I'm always looking for a chance to practice my French! <br /><br />Keesa

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2778 date=1060085430]<br />That looks like a neat site-I'm always looking for a chance to practice my French! [/quote]<br /><br />Looking for other French sites? One of my favorite things to do (well, before they banned streaming-anything from work) was to listen to French radio. One such site is Radio France Internationale http://www.rfi.fr and http://www.rfimusique.com.<br /><br />

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2758 date=1060062520]<br />[quote author=Skylax link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2724 date=1060008875]<br />Texkit was mentioned by "Le Café pédagogique", a French newsletter, on June 4.<br />[/quote]<br />Is this the same newsletter you're referring to? http://www.cafepedagogique.net/<br /><br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Yes, it is. The send me an burst of e-mails every month. Interesting and detailed, but, naturally, mainly focused upon France.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2905 date=1060143147]<br />[quote author=Keesa link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2778 date=1060085430]<br />That looks like a neat site-I'm always looking for a chance to practice my French! [/quote]<br /><br />Looking for other French sites? One of my favorite things to do (well, before they banned streaming-anything from work) was to listen to French radio. One such site is Radio France Internationale http://www.rfi.fr and http://www.rfimusique.com.<br /><br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />We have a little shortwave radio...sometimes if I go up to the top of the driveway, stand on my head and dance about while clasping the antenna firmly between the first two toes of my right foot, I can pick up a radio station in French. The only problem is, I'm not very good at it yet, and I have a little trouble translating while upside down. ;D<br /><br />Keesa

greagach
Textkit Neophyte

Post by greagach »

<br /> Textkit came up first when I hit "Learn Ancient Greek" on a search engine. <br /><br /> Needless to say I didn't look any further down. It's full of really interesting manuals, enough to keep a beginner like me busy, AND evergrowing in information (and bright people!), for when I come to handle the language better. <br /><br /> Consaidin<br /><br />
αἴτιον: ἡ ψυχὴ μετὰ λόγου· συναίτιον: τὸ πῦρ [Ἡράκλειτος]

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2760 date=1060064139]<br />[quote author=Raya link=board=6;threadid=333;start=15#2759 date=1060063545]<br />For me, a link from www.greek-language.com if I remember correctly...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I just tried substituting "latin" in place of "greek" in your url (viz. www.latin-language.com) and found a neat little site. I couldn't find a link to TextKit on it, so I emailed the webmaster about that. We'll see what happens... <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br /><br />I'm just following up on this. I just received this email! I checked the site, you'll find Textkit on their Online Literature page. :) :) ;D<br /><br />Thank You Cara ! ! ! <br /><br /><br /><br />

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Aw, she has lived up to her namesake!

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

I think I was searching for "Latin message board" on google.