Greek fonts

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
klewlis
Global Moderator

Greek fonts

Post by klewlis »

For information on the Greek font which Textkit uses and how to use it, see this post in the Learning Greek forum.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Snakeblack
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Greek fonts

Post by Snakeblack »

I don't write whit greck letters.The Spionic not funcion.Help me![/img][/i][/b][/list]

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Snakeblack wrote:I don't write whit greck letters.The Spionic not funcion.Help me![/img][/i][/b][/list]
We'll need more details on the problem before we can help you. Can you elaborate?
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

aemilius
Textkit Neophyte

Post by aemilius »

Hi,

It seems that representing greek with Spionic font is not working on Firefox 1 with Windows XP.

With IExplorer everithing is OK.

sid4greek
Textkit Neophyte

Post by sid4greek »

I can't see greek font....my PC runs on XP OS

cheers

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Post by jaihare »

sid4greek wrote:I can't see greek font....my PC runs on XP OS

cheers
Can you see this?

ἐν ἀρχῇ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὴν γῆν.

Are there any boxes or anything? XP should be fine. You just need to have updated fonts.

Jason

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

Snakeblack,

You shouldn't be using SPIonic for new posts anyway. Get the Gentium or New Athena Unicode font, and set up a Greek Polytonic keyboard to enter Greek text for new posts. For old posts that have SPIonic, they should show up as betacode if you don't have the SPIonic font installed, and betacode isn't that hard to read.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!