Intensive Biblical Greek Summer Course

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
wjmooney
Textkit Neophyte

Intensive Biblical Greek Summer Course

Post by wjmooney »

I would like to learn Biblical Greek, but I am not close to an institution that teaches it. I would like to go someplace for a summer to do an intensive course. I would also like to receive undergraduate credit for it. Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks.

Bill

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

I am not sure if Biblical Greek is also offered but you might want to check this out:
http://www3.baylor.edu/classics/summer_institutes.htm

reed4
Textkit Neophyte

One Option in Canada

Post by reed4 »

Regent College in Vancouver, BC, offers intensive Greek and Hebrew each summer. www.regent-college.edu

If you are in the US, remember the advantageous exchange rates with Canada when considering the cost.

I have run across other schools, but they escape my mind at the moment.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Regent rocks, if you can afford it.

Briercrest Seminary also offers summer greek courses, though they vary from year to year. But you can check it out here: www.briercrest.ca/bbs/prospective
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Aaron Collins
Textkit Neophyte

Fuller Seminary

Post by Aaron Collins »

Fuller Theological Seminary offers a first year Greek Intensive every summer. It's worth 12 credit hours/units. Almost all professors use Mounce, and Fuller is where Mounce got his Master's. I'm currently in the Fall Greek Intensive, and you learn a lot, quickly. Not only that, but Fuller begins it's Financial Aid Calendar in the summer, rather than the fall, so this summer would be considered in the 2005-2006 school year. This means you can get next year's financial assistance early, (if you need it.) Fuller usually posts the required textbooks for the summer course some time in the early spring. You can find out more about it at www.fuller.edu under the class schedules link.

In Christ,
Aaron Collins.