New edition of Schoder & Horrigan's READING COURSE

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
skothari01
Textkit Neophyte

New edition of Schoder & Horrigan's READING COURSE

Post by skothari01 »

It appears that a new edition of Book I of A Reading Course in Homeric Greek is due to come out next month. The first 80 pages or so are available for download at the publisher's website (Focus Publishing):

www.pullins.com/Books/00978%20Reading%2 ... 0Greek.htm

The publisher also states that a new edition of Book II is due out next year.

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

Oh! Oh! Thank you! :D This has been like those scavenger hunt contests to find book 1. People were charging an arm and a leg for book 1 if you can even find it. I see this new edition is revised.

gatesgl
Textkit Neophyte

A Reading Course in Homeric Greek

Post by gatesgl »

:( I was unable to use your link to download the above listed copy of the manual. It continually took me to an upper level of a Google search mode. :(

gatesgl

skothari01
Textkit Neophyte

link

Post by skothari01 »

sorry about the link...i am not particularly "ept" with computers. i think you can get there by going to the main website (www.pullins.com). on the main screen, click on "latin and greek literature". on the next screen, click on "greek". the next screen will list their "first year greek texts". the book is listed there; by clicking on it, it will take you to the book's webpage.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Re: link

Post by mingshey »

skothari01 wrote:sorry about the link...i am not particularly "ept" with computers. i think you can get there by going to the main website (www.pullins.com). on the main screen, click on "latin and greek literature". on the next screen, click on "greek". the next screen will list their "first year greek texts". the book is listed there; by clicking on it, it will take you to the book's webpage.
This will work :wink:

I love it that it hands out the free sample of almost a fifth of the book! :o :D

Borealis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Borealis »

This is great news! I somehow tracked down a copy of the first edition of the first volume through my local library (they found one in Toronto), and photocopied the entire book so I wouldn't have to learn the Greek language in three weeks. :)

Now I'll get the new edition, which unfortunately doesn't include the quotations and some of the essays from the first edition (the second edition didn't include them either). But since I've got the first one anyway, I'll be able to compare the two once I get this one.

At least I know what I want on my Christmas list now. :D